Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Rules and


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.

The Rules by Stacey Kade
1. Never trust anyone.
2. Remember they are always searching.
3. Don’t get involved.
4. Keep your head down.
5. Don’t fall in love.
 
Five simple rules. Ariane Tucker has followed them since the night she escaped from the genetics lab where she was created, the result of combining human and extraterrestrial DNA. Ariane’s survival—and that of her adoptive father—depends on her ability to blend in among the full-blooded humans, to hide in plain sight from those who seek to recover their lost (and expensive) “project.” 
But when a cruel prank at school goes awry, it puts her in the path of Zane Bradshaw, the police chief’s son and someone who sees too much. Someone who really sees her. After years of trying to be invisible, Ariane finds the attention frightening—and utterly intoxicating. Suddenly, nothing is simple anymore, especially not the rules…
 The Rules is out April 2013 by Disney-Hyperion.

As a general rule of thumb, I love books about rules (did you see what I did there?). Seriously, a list of rules always draws me into a story and this one is no exception. It looks awesome!

Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
Sing and the darkness will find you. 
Shipwrecked on an island seven years ago, Lucy has been warned she must never sing, or disaster will strike. But on All Hallows Eve, Lucy hears tantalizing music in the air. When she sings it, she unlocks a terrible secret: She is a Chantress, a spell-singer, brought to the island not by shipwreck but by a desperate enchantment gone wrong. 
Her song lands her back in England — and in mortal peril, for the kingdom lies in the cruel grasp of a powerful Lord Protector and his mind-reading hunters, the Shadowgrims. The Protector has killed all Chantresses, for they alone can destroy the Shadowgrims. Only Lucy has survived. 
In terrible danger, Lucy takes shelter with Nat, a spy who turns her heart upside-down. Nat has been working with his fellow scholars of the Invisible College to overthrow the Lord Protector, and they have long hoped to find a living Chantress to help them. But Lucy is completely untrained, and Nat deeply distrusts her magic. If Lucy cannot master the songspells, how long can she even stay alive? 
Beguiling and lyrical, dangerous and romantic, Chantress will capture readers in a spell they won’t want to break.
Chantress is out May 7th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books.

Okay, why had I not heard of this one before? That cover is stunning and I love the idea of singing bringing on darkness. This sounds awesome and I needed a copy of it yesterday,

What are your picks?

5 comments:

  1. I love the sound of The Rules! And Chantress sounds like a really good book. Definitely adding both of them in my TBR pile!

    Great picks! Check out my WoW! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chantress sounds SO good!!! I haven't heard of it before either

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of The Rules and i love the cover of Chantress! I'm definitely adding them to my TBR pile! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover of Chantress and it has an intriguing concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great choices! I'd never heard of either of them but they're both now on my wishlist!

    Here's what I'm waiting for!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen