Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bout of Books 5.0: Mini-Challenges Day 5

I'm participating in Bout of Books this week (as if you can't tell by all the posts) and as such, I'm also doing some mini-challenges. You can learn more about Bout of Books here.

Mini Challenge 1: Music Pairing
The mini-challenge is hosted by My Not So Real Life and the point is to match up your current read (or any other book) with a song that you think matches the book.

The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke

Paired with:

Dig by Incubus


I've paired these two together because I think the song perfectly describes the relationship budding between the two main characters Ananna and Naji. Through a series of trials, they are learning to rely on each other, whether they want to or not, and that is doing good for both of them. We've already seen Ananna "dig" Naji out of his gloominess a little and Naji is beginning to "dig" Ananna out of feeling like she is uneducated. I think this song really works for the bond of friendship that is growing!

Mini Challenge 2: Virtual Travels
This mini challenge is hosted by Ex Libris and the challenge is to pick a book and post pictures of what you think the setting looks like.

Again, I'm going with my current read which is The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clark.

Here's what I think Lisirra, the grand desert city, might looks like:

The desert they walk through surround Lisirra:

The cannon with the river cutting into it:

The Ayel's Revenge, the pirate boat, Ananna and Naji get on:

Though The Isle of the Sky haven't been described, here's what I'm picturing:
Something with a lot of mist and lots of rocky mountains.

Mini Challenge: Page 99
This challenge is hosted by My Seryniti and the point is to look at your next TBR book and take a peek at page 99. Then all you have to do is talk about your impressions.

My pick is Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
The 99th page in this novel starts on a new chapter where things are winding down. I am glad I get to know that Cas is working really hard on finding his way back to Anna and I'm pretty sure something hilarious happened to Thomas as there was a mention of "dead people's junk food" but I have no idea what's going on. As I'm already stoked to read this novel since I love the first one, this sneak peek didn't do too much to make me any more excited but it did re-affirm that it's the same old Cas and I can't wait to pick it up!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful settings for The Assassin Curse! I've never heard of it before, but I'll have to check it out, it seem interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cass is pretty awesome in GoN. I hope you enjoy it!

    I'm always so impressed by all the Bout of Books posts. I'm a total slacker so I don't participate lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incubus, gorgeous pictures and fabulous reads! Can't go wrong with this!!! That picture one has been hard for me. I still have to work on it! And soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am trying to do the challenge, it's harder than you thought. very nice!! great for exercising your imagination

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen