Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Premeditated and This Is What Happiness Looks Like

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.

Premeditated by Josin L. McQuein
A week ago, Dinah’s cousin Claire cut her wrists. 
Five days ago, Dinah found Claire’s diary and discovered why. 
Three days ago, Dinah stopped crying and came up with a plan. 
Two days ago, she ditched her piercings and bleached the black dye from her hair. 
Yesterday, knee socks and uniform plaid became a predator’s camouflage. 
Today, she’ll find the boy who broke Claire. 
By tomorrow, he’ll wish he were dead.
How creepy does this look? I'm super interested to see how dark this one gets and I love that cover!

Premeditated is out October 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers.

If fate sent you an email, would you answer? 
In This is What Happy Looks Like, Jennifer E. Smith's new YA novel, perfect strangers Graham Larkin and Ellie O'Neill meet—albeit virtually—when Graham accidentally sends Ellie an email about his pet pig, Wilbur. In the tradition of romantic movies like "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle," the two 17-year-olds strike up an email relationship, even though they live on opposite sides of the country and don't even know each other's first names. 
Through a series of funny and poignant messages, Graham and Ellie make a true connection, sharing intimate details about their lives, hopes and fears. But they don't tell each other everything; Graham doesn't know the major secret hidden in Ellie's family tree, and Ellie is innocently unaware that Graham is actually a world-famous teen actor living in Los Angeles. 
When the location for the shoot of Graham's new film falls through, he sees an opportunity to take their relationship from online to in-person, managing to get the production relocated to picturesque Henley, Maine, where Ellie lives. But can a star as famous as Graham have a real relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie's mom want her to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs? 
Just as they did in The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, the hands of fate intervene in wondrous ways in this YA novel that delivers on high concept romance in lush and thoughtful prose.
How stinking cute does this one look? It just sounds like something that will put a smile on your face. This is definitely high up on my must have list!

This Is What Happiness Looks Like by April 2nd 2013 by Poppy.

What are you waiting on?

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait for This is What Happy Looks Like! And I love that they made the cover similar to Statistical Probability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! It's my first time hearing about Premeditated, but it sounds awesome! *adds to Goodreads shelf* And, of course, I'm crazy excited for This Is What Happy Looks Like! It seems to be a pretty popular WoW pick this week!

    Liz @ Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard both of them last week and i'm super excited for both of them!

    awesome pick! =D

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second time I've seen these two books today. Great choices and they are now on my TBR list.

    Here's my version of WoW

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these sound great, already had This Is What Happy Looks Like on my wishlist but have added Premeditated now as well! Great choices!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must read Jennifer E. Smith!

    Also, Premeditated sounds like it could be interesting, but I am bored by the cover. Sigh. I guess if I see awesome reviews roll in I'll tbr.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen