Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Movie First Photos

You might have just heard of a little book turning into a movie called City of Bones written by Cassandra Clare. Well, filming started on it a few days ago in Toronto and you can bet people have been on set snapping photos. Another thing that you'll be able to tell from these photos? The casting is perfect and the studio wants to do this movie right. I hope you'll see what I mean by checking out the photos of the cast below dawning their character's clothes.

First up, we've got Clary (Lily Collins) and Simon (Robert Sheehan):
VH1
Lily Collins as Clary:
tmi source
Jace (Jamie Campbell Bower), Isabelle (Jemima West) and Alec (Kevin Zegers) looking badass in Shadowhunter garb:
tmi source
tmi source
tmi source
They've added Clary (Lily Collins) into the mix:
tmi source
tmi source

Jace (Jamie Campbell Bower):
tmi source
tmi source

Alec (Kevin Zegers):
tmi source
Clary (Lily Collins) in Shadowhunter garb:
tmi source
tmi source
With a cast also including Lena Headey (Jocelyn Fray), Johnathan Rhys Meyers (Valentine) and Godfrey Gao, I'm willing to bet this movie is going to be a smash. They've loaded it up with talented actors and so far, I can't see how they've gone wrong.

I'm completely jazzed by the photos I've seen so far. Seeing Bower in his Jace costume has definitely convinced me that he is right for the part. Instead of being so handsome its dizzying, he actually looks a little rough around the edges (though still handsome) which makes him more interesting in my opinion. I've never had a problem with Collins as Clary because I think she's great and every movie she's already been in has shown her potential. Plus, she looks awesome as a Shadowhunter!

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is due out August 23, 2013 and this blogger has just marked out her calendar for the midnight premiere!

What do you guys think?

9 comments:

  1. It might be just me, but I still don't like JCB as Jace. I dunno...he doesn't fit the character for me. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised though, so I'm going to see it with an open mind (well, I'll try!). The rest of the cast? Perfect, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope JCB ends up killing it while filming so that you'll be better convinced. I'm actually not as wild about Jace as everyone else is so I'm probably a little less picky.

      Either way, I think this is shaping up to be one heck of an awesome movie!

      Delete
  2. I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!! ONE MORE YEAR!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I laughed when I saw the date and realized I posted this exactly a year before the movie is due out.

      I think it's going to be awesome!

      Delete
    2. Oh you didn't do that intentionally?? lol!

      Delete
  3. I'm so looking forward to this movie! Love the pics! I hope they make the Infernal Devices books into movies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that if this movie does well, production houses will be scrambling to pick up the rights to the Infernal Devices though that will be quite a bit more expensive to make since it's a period piece.

      Regardless, this movie is going to be amazing!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting!! I hadn't seen these yet!!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you've seen them now! I wasn't planning on following this one too closely but I saw these pictures and was blown away with how great they look so I knew I had to make a post about it.

      Delete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen