Monday, August 13, 2012

Bout of Book 5.0 Mini Challenges for Day 1

I'm participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon going on now. For more info, go to their website here. For Day 1, there are two fun mini challenges. Make sure to check them out.

Mini-Challenge 1: Literary BFF

This challenge is hosted by Auggie Talk and the point is to talk about your favorite literary character that could be your best friend. It's all about who you love to hang out with!


My literary BFF came to me instantly. It was a no-brainer. And that person is Mara Dyer from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. The moment I opened that book, I really related to Mara's voice. She was witty and funny and I loved how I was never sure if I could trust her. She reacts to situations the same way I do. It was crazy to find a book that was like a better scripted version of the voice in my head. She always makes me laugh and surrounds herself with the coolest people.

Beyond all that, I love Mara because she is just a normal girl with some very freaky stuff happening to her. She's brave enough to face her fears and really cares about her family. I'm not sure I could show the same amount of bravery as she does when she goes after her little brother.

We'd have a rocking time together!

Mini-Challenge 2: Where do your books go?

This challenge is hosted by Reading in Texas and The Space Between to find out where your read books go. They also tell us about this really cool site where you can share your finished books!

I'd like to say that I'm not selfish with my books but the truth is, I hoard them. I do have a decent reason though! When I was in ninth grade (back in 2001), I wrote out a list of goals in my character class. One of those goals, (in fact, it's one of two goals I've actually stuck with) was to own AND HAVE READ 1,000 books. I've seen so many home libraries in houses which just have "fancy" looking books on them but the people have never actually read them. I decided to not be one of those people.

So I keep my books on very organized bookshelves that my hubby made me and continue working towards my goal of 1,000 books. If I happen to receive extra copies, I give them away on my blog or in Twitter giveaways and I've donated some to my library.

Check out my shelves:

This is my "read" shelf. Everything on this one has been read front to back by me!

This is my comics/to be read shelf/classics. My classics are lined on the top there. My comics (which are all Buffy currently) are in the first cubby hole. The others are all my tbr books.

Finally, the books I receive in the mail line the shelf above my computer since they are the most urgent.

And that's what happens to my books!

The next bookshelf my hubby is going to build me is going to be super awesome. It's going to look a little something like this:

Those are both of the mini-challenges for Day 1. Did you make a mini-challenge post? I'd love to come check it out1

2 comments:

  1. i will be doing mine now before going back to read some more ^^

    I like your shelves and i understand too well i treasure my books but i want to read them too si i keep them in boxes at the moments ( plastic one so i can see what it in it and the box are on the shelves)to protect them when my room will be put in order i will put extra care for room for them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the peek at your shelves. That is a crazy Tbr shelf and read shelf.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen