Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Finally Finnick Odair Casting Announced for Catching Fire


We've officially got our Finnick Odair for Catching Fire and his name is Sam Calflin. There has been a lot of speculation about this role but I was pretty sure he was going to get the part a few weeks ago when they said he'd auditioned several times and had cleared his schedule around the dates of Catching Fire. Finnick is my favorite character in the series so I've been watching the audition info very closely. I have to say, I'm not upset...

You're going to know Calflin best for his role in Snow White and the Huntsmen as that guy Snow White was supposed to be kissed by or in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, i.e. they should have stopped with the first three. He also played in Pillars of the Earth.

You can check out an "official" article here at The EW.

What do you guys think of the casting? I think he's going to do a really good job and am very excited to see him take on the role.

8 comments:

  1. he's not what I pictured as Finnick... but he must be a great actor if they picked him

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he certainly looks the part! I haven't seen him act, but I'm sure he's a great actor if he got such a coveted part. He's very attractive and I hope he plays Finnick well, as Finnick is one of my favorite characters! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, @sophia. I have never seen him act before either, but I’m sure he’s awesome. He better be good since Finnick is my favorite character too! I’m going to check out a few of his previous works before the new Hunger Games comes out, just to get a feel for how he will do. Lucky for me, the titles mentioned in the article are all available from my Blockbuster@Home service through my Dish account, so I don’t have to go a million places to track down each DVD. I was wondering how I was going to find Pillars of the Earth since my Dish coworker told me that show came out ages ago. I’ve never even heard of it; have you?

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE him! He was my favourite character in PoTC 4 and they've said he'll be in 5 (which is the only reason I'm excited about that one haha) I can't wait to see how he does with this part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just how I imagined the character so I think he will do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED Finnick! I haven't see this Sam guy before, but he looks like a good choice to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finnick is my favorite character as well and I'm not at all upset. There were a few names tossed out that really made me pause but not this one. I think (or hope) he'll do the part justice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this casting a lot! When they were talking about Garrett Hedlund as Finnick, I wasn't too excited - even though I love him, he didn't seem like Finnick. But I think this guy is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen