Monday, August 20, 2012

Totally Nerdy Room Makeover


Today I thought I'd talk about something a little different. My husband and I moved into our house about two years ago but we are constantly getting things to re-do and improve it. My library/computer room has had to wait the longest since building the bookshelves are not cheap. We finally got those done and just need a few more things to make this room perfect. Unfortunately, over the past few years, things have begun to accumulate in the corners and on the walls. Once we get the room all done up, I'll post some before and after pictures.

But for right now, I thought I'd show you some ideas I have to make this my dream library/computer room. We already have desks but here are a few things we are going to pick up to take this from drab to awesome and fill it with all the things we love!

Accent chairs- Every library needs some cozy sitting spaces. I wish I could have a nook or bay window but as those are options, I've been hunting for some fun chairs. I need something that is going to look good with light and dark purple. Here are a few things I came up with.

From Target:



 The first one is called Lavendar Floral ($199.99). Second is Aegean Blue and Yellow ($149.99).


The third is Dolce Lounge Chair (118.99). The fourth is Bird and Floral Print (254.99).

I was pretty settled on the first one. Then I looked on Overstock and found this. It's funky and fun and I'm in love:

This is the Taper Signature Accent Chair ($169.99) and I'll be grabbing tow of them. I already have a little accent table so I'll be set to go.

Poster- My hubby and I are extreme dorks. We like a lot of dorky things but it isn't reflected nearly enough in our house. We decided to make this room a sophisticated shrine to all things nerdy that we love. So we will be getting some posters and putting them in frames to line some of our walls. Check out the slection I found.

From Postertext you can get entire novels printed in a neat design. They have about 40 different novels so far. This one is entitled Through The Looking Glass (31.99) and it is already ours!
Etsy also has loads of awesome stuff. Get ready for some awesome overloaded!

The Hunger Games (25.00)



The Hunger Games 2 (12.99)
Peter Pan (19.99)

Thor (15.00)

Doctor Who (18.00)

Firefly
We haven't decided which to add to our collection. I have about a million more in my favorites list so we'll see.

The other thing we are planning to add to take this room from "cool" to "wow"? Well, we're looking at this:

We've also got to do a few other things like get rid of some junk, cut the curtains to make them smaller and dust. Can't wait to see how this project is going to turn out though! I'll post pictures as soon as everything is complete.

Do you have a nerdy room? I'd love to see a photo or learn about it!

6 comments:

  1. Great things! Where did you find the Tardis-bookshelves?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! The police box! That's CRAZY! I'm not even a Doctor Who fan, but I can appreciate how awesome that is. And <3 the Target chairs. First one's my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I love the Taper Signature Chair and the Police box shelf!! <3 <3 <3 If only I could get my hands on those..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH YES TARDIS BOOKCASE YES. Also, the Doctor Who poster is amazing, along with Firefly and the Through the Looking Glass artwork. I want a space in my house where I can display my nerdery SO BADLY. But alas, right now our computers are in the living room, so that's not going to happen. SOMEDAY..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I so want the Tardis bookshelves! And the chair is beyond cool! So jealous of how your awesome room is shaping up! Nerds rule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bookshelves are fabulous! But for reading chairs, I want something I can curl up in, so I'd want arms on mine, and probably a little more of curve on the back/arms. Those chairs look fine for sitting at the dinner table, but not what I'd want to get comfy to read in. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen