Sunday, August 8, 2010

My first Award!

Lauren-Rain Snow over at http://laurel-rainsnowsreflections.blogspot.com/ was wonderful enough to award me that lovely award right over there.

Since it's my first, I'm super excited!

This award comes with some strings attached:

1. Thank the person who gave you the reward and link back to them in your post.
2. Share seven things about yourself
                                         3. Pass the award to 15 recently discovered blogs
                                         4. Contact the bloggers to let them know about the reward.

Seven things you probably don't know about me:

  1. My hair curls or stays straight depending on my mood (which, of course, is a bit of a fabrication but when I'm happy, it generally starts to get wavy).
  2. I love fairy tales gone slightly wrong a la Tim Burton.
  3. I want two more cats (I already have three) that are brother and sister so I can name them Sokka (the boy must have socks) and Katara from Avatar
  4. I play MMOs off and on obsessively and my latest love is Aion.
  5. I've only been married for 5 months but I've been dating my husband for 7 years and we got married a day after our 7 year anniversary (we started dating when I was a sophomore in high school).
  6. I feel guilty if I don't write at least two pages every day.
  7. I'm part fish-- I will swim anytime, any day!
My list for discovered blogs in no particular order (thanks mostly to the Book Blog Hop):
  1. Erika Breathes Books
  2. Supernatural Snark
  3. The Grammarian's Reviews
  4. Must Love Books
  5. Tea & Ink
  6. A. Literate
  7. Hali Baumstein
  8. I Adore Books and Film
  9. Nerd Alert!
  10. Read-A-holic
I know there are supposed to be 15 people on this list but a lot of the other people I follow have already gotten this reward. Congrats to everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for thinking of me for this! I'm so glad you think enough of my blog to pass it on:) Congrats to you as well for receiving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for passing on this award to my blog! And of course, congratulations on being awarded it, too! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the award!
    And just so you know, I love you forever for just having the idea of naming cats Sokka and Katara. Best. Idea. EVER. <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award!

    I found you via the Hop. I'm a follower.

    I'd love to have you take a look at my blog:
    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award! Thank you so much for passing it on to me :) I love swimming too! And mood hair? That's awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephany, I spent the entire time I watched Avatar with my husband calling it Catatar and telling my cats to take notes because they were going to have to go on that adventure one day.

    Erika, my hair is just something I noticed. It's naturally wavy but I straighten it and most of the times I'm happy, I'm outside and it curls up. It's an inside joke between my husband and I.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot imagine living in Florida. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love to vacation there, but I don't think I could tolerate the heat long-term!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for thinking of me, Amber! Congrats on getting the award, too!

    I remember your hair curling/waving quite easily. Glad to hear it still does, 'cause I always thought that was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, and thanks so much for including me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats for the award! And we are new followers! And we thank you so much for choosing us, as the next recipients to receive the award next!! It’s our first, too, so we’re thrilled! Thanks again and we look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your first award! I definitely with you on the part fish thing. I annoy the boyfriend to death wanting to go swimming all the time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen