Monday, August 23, 2010

Cover Envy (4)

On Pandora: One Head Light by The Wallflowers

It's that time of week again! I'm showing another couple of covers that make me green with envy and stuck sitting on my hands until the novels they cover come out.


I hope you enjoy!


Halo by Alexandra Adornetto- My husband turned around the first time I was looking at this book and said "oh, what's that? do you have it?". This is the same husband who has only read like 8 books for leisure in his entire life. How can you not want to read this book? The placement of the sun right in the space where the two character are about to kiss, the attractive black and pale yellow coloring and the translucent wings getting more solid as they get closer to her body all make this cover irresistible. 


Here's the blurb:


Nothing much happens in the sleepy town of Venus Cove. But everything changes when three angels are sent from heaven to protect the town against the gathering forces of darkness: Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. They work hard to conceal their true identity and, most of all, their wings. But the mission is threatened when the youngest angel, Bethany, is sent to high school and falls in love with the handsome school captain, Xavier Woods. Will she defy the laws of Heaven by loving him? Things come to a head when the angels realize they are not the only supernatural power in Venus Cove. There′s a new kid in town and he′s charming, seductive and deadly. Worst of all, he′s after Beth.


Halo comes out August 31, 2010


Falling Under by Gwen Hayes- This is going to sound funny but I am normally not a fan of blondes in red. I don't know what it is. But this cover. It looks incredible. I'm really impressed with how it was put together because it's usually something I'd pick up and think it is too busy. But it doesn't feel that way to me. I love the roses in the black background because they are understated and don't take away from the main focus of the girl. The girl's blonde tresses swirling against the black background and the pop of her red dress really work to soften this cover. I also really love the font. The "f" looks like a slide which perfectly mimics the title "falling".


Here's the blurb:


In her dreams he’s irresistible—seductive, charming, and undoubtedly dangerous. But when he appears to her when she’s awake—and captivates her just the same—she’s not sure which way is up and which is down.

Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life, not allowed the same freedoms as the rest of the teenagers in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, she feels every urge she’s ever denied burning through her at the slightest glance from Haden Black. Theia knows she’s seen Haden before—not around town, but in her dreams. 

Theia doesn’t understand how she dreamed of Haden before they ever met, but every night has them joined in a haunting world of eerie fantasy. And as the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her forward one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear. And as she slowly discovers what Haden truly is, Theia’s not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul. 


Falling Under comes out March 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amber! Love your site!Not only am I here to tell you that I'm your newest follower-cuz I'm lovin what you've done with the place and I plan to visit often...I'm also here to tell you that you just won my giveaway! Yahooo!! Please email me with your address so I can get your book-Another Pan right out in the mail to you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,

    I'm so flipping excited I won! Thanks so much for telling me. I sent an e-mail to the address on your profile. I'm also really glad you like my site. I happened across yours on the blog hop and thought it was so funny because my mother-in-law loved Moxie. Thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen