Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Big Dollhouse

Dollhouse by Joss Whedon
As if I needed another reason to LOVE this show, Joss Whedon added in Felicia Day (if you don't know who she is, you must stop reading this post immediately and look up either The Guild or Would You Like To Date My Avatar) for the finale of Season 1. Admittedly, I'm a late bloomer to this amazing show but it doesn't ruin my enjoyment any. I found this beast on Netflix and knew instantly it was something I needed to watch (after discovering Firefly and Serenity and falling head over heels in love with it). By the second episode I was hooked! Everything from the premise to the scenery to the characters to the costuming is beautiful and enchanting.

One of things that impressed me the most was Eliza Dushku's acting as Echo. I mean, basically half the time she is playing this completely mind-washed, simplest form of human life and you still root for her. You see her programmed into all these different personalities (the point of the Dollhouse is for people to pay to act out a fantasy with a real life doll, whether it be re-enacting a certain day with a lost love one or creating a spy to crack a case or something a little more sexy) that literally kick butt or figuratively kick butt and save the day. You can't help but worry for her when she's just her shell. This goes for every doll in the house. You see them when they are really themselves (though only a few times) and you fall in love with these characters.

There have been so many times in this show where I've been on the edge of my seat, not able to guess what's going to happen next. This rarely EVER happens for me. Usually, I see the plot twist a mile away but with each episode I have no idea where the show is going.

I'm telling you, if you haven't seen this show, you are missing out. Give it two episode to really start to understand what's happening and you won't be disappointed. It's incredible!

2 comments:

  1. I love love love this show. I am only on the first few episodes of season two. Eliza Dushku is really amazing in this role. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chrystal,

    Glad to hear someone else likes this show as much as me! I haven't gotten to see season 2 yet but I'm on pins and needles waiting for it to come out. October can't get here fast enough!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen