Saturday, August 7, 2010

May Angels Lead You In

This is one of my husband's older drawings
Loss
The very definition of the word hits you so hard it's painful. That pain crawls down your throat, blocks out your breath, extends to every digit of your body, poisons the heart.

There are people put into this world to make an impact on your life. One of those people is your mother. Last night, I had to deliver the awful news to my husband (the single hardest four words I've ever muttered) that his mother passed away. He is only 24-years-old.

His mother had had medical problems in the past but she'd been healthy for a while. The fact that she won't be there to see her grandchildren or witness her oldest get married or see our new house decorated for Christmas (her and my favorite time of the year) cuts deep and it's just the beginning. I can't even begin to describe what news like this feels like.

I'll be stopping by every once in a while but over the next few days, I may not be commenting/posting for a while. I'm sorry to all my new friends, I was really looking forward to getting to know you! Once things slow down, I'm definitely going to be spending some time on all the new blogs I'm following.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and please, tell everyone that's special to you that you love them. It's so easy to forget that the world can change in an instant and those words that are always on the back of your mind may never get a chance to touch someone else's life.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Brian's mom...

    I'll be praying for you both and the rest of the family throughout this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's a really terrible thing that happened and we're just trying to get through it right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen