Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (71) and Top Ten Tuesday (17)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that pageBe careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
"You won't have me." I spun and leaped off the cliff. Death would be fast and cold; I wouldn't feel a thing.
--Pg. 13 of an ARC of "Incarnate" by Jodi Meadows

I haven't read much of this novel yet but it is already starting out as something I didn't expect. This is way more fantasy than I originally thought which is a great thing. I'm looking forward to where this story will take me!

What's your teaser?

Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!

Top Ten Underrated Books
This week is a freebie where we can pick any of the prompts from the past. I've been meaning to do something like this on my blog anyway so this is a perfect excuse! Check out my top ten underrated books
!
1) Shifting by Bethany Wiggins- Without a doubt, this is my top underrated book. I haven't read too many reviews but every one that I do read raves about this book. And there is a good reason. Complex characters, a plot filled with tough choices and interesting Native American legend fill every fast paced page. If you haven't rad this book, do yourself a favor and pick it up!

2) Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender- This novel is one that got a little more popular around Halloween this year which I was pleased to see. Written as a horror, the author is a master at creating scary situations with the atmosphere in the first installment and psychologically with the second. Strong characters and a gripping plot make this one book you need to read.

3) Give Up The Ghost by Megan Crewe- I went in not expecting a lot from this book and the complex characters and strong relationships blew me away. The writing flows naturally, the story is interesting and I loved the main character!

4) Hold Still by Nina LaCour- This novel is literally perfect for fans of If I Stay. Deeply emotional, Hold Still explores the healing process of what comes after someone kills themselves and has a cast of characters that will stay with you. I think back on Taylor and Caitlin, I still smile.

5) How To Say Goodbye In Robot by Natalie Standiford- This novel literally tore my heart in two in the best way possible. Every time I think back on this book, I smile at the odd radio station and get a little emotional about the ending. It's stuck with me even though I've read it a year ago.

6) The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver- It seems like so many people have heard of this series but too few have read it. I love tough-as-nails Riley and her southern guy who looks after her Beck. This series is such a fun, exciting read with an entirely new world. You have to check it out!

7) Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey- I love how this book combined the paranormal and contemporary genre. So many times when someone dies, it still feels like they are there because we carry them with us. I'm really glad  to see someone take this to a new place and give us an emotionally complex story bursting with beauty.

8) Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday- This novel is just a good time. Hartley is so funny and her relationship with her best friend/partner in crime really makes this novel special. I loved Hartley's unique voice. From page one, it feels like something special because it is. 

What's your top ten list this week? Have you read any of my choices?

11 comments:

  1. Great teaser! It's one of those ones that make you hold your breath. Thanks for sharing!

    My TT: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-8-beautiful-dark.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I haven't read most of these, they must be! Adding them to my list! I did enjoy Bad Girls Don't Die and can't wait to read the second one!


    Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh Incarnate! I can't even tell you how much I love this book. There are no words.

    I haven't read Hold Still, but since I recently read The Disenchantments, I'm thinking of adding it to my TBR. I've heard great things about it. Thanks for sharing these books...I was unaware of some of these titles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Gonna die on page 13. Now I really need to read this book. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The next book in the Newsoul series can't come soon enough!

    My teaser for this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shifting looks amazing even though the cover gives me the willies (I really hate snakes). I also have Bad Girls Don't Die on my shelf as of last week so I'm looking forward to reading it even more now!

    Great list and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh great teaser. This is on my TBR list. Have to get to it soon

    My Teaser http://paranormalbookfan.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Hold Still and I really enjoyed Cold Kiss! I still need to read How To Say Goodbye in Robot. I've had in on my TBR forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, yes to Shifting! More people should read it. SO good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bethany is all sorts of awesome. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a great list!! I love the sound of The Demon Trapper's Daughter, I am so putting it on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen