Friday, January 20, 2012

Book Tunes (36)

Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it.

Want to join in?:
  • Write up a post
  • Tell me the book you are reading, the song you picked and why
  • Link up by leaving the URL to your posts in the comments
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever. 
She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.
Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen. 
As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...
The Tune: Anywhere But Here by Safetysuit


The Lyrics:
Is this the end of the moment
Or just a beautiful unfolding
Of a love that will never be?
Or maybe be
Everything that I never thought could happen
Or ever come to pass and
I wonder
If maybe
Maybe I could be
All you ever dreamed, cause you are

Beautiful inside
So lovely and I
Cant see why I'd do anything without you, you are
And when I'm not with you
I know that it's true
That I'd rather be anywhere but here without you

Is this a natural feeling
Or is it just me bleeding
All my thoughts and dreams
In hope that you will be with me or
Is this a moment to remember
Or just a cold day in December?
I wonder
If maybe
Maybe I could be
All you ever dreamed, cause you are

Beautiful inside
So lovely and I
Can't see why I'd do anything without you, you are
And when I'm not with you
I know that it's true
That I'd rather be anywhere but here without you

Is this the end of the moment
Or just a beautiful unfolding
Of a love that will never be
For you and me?

Cause you are
You're beautiful inside
You're so lovely and I
Can't see why I'd do anything without you, you are
And when I'm not with you, I know that it's true
That I'd rather be anywhere but here without you 

I'm about half way through Everneath and right now this song sort of fits two-fold. I feel like it really fits the emotions that Nikki is working through. She traveled up to the Surface for Jack on nothing more than a memory of his face, knowing she is going to face terrible consequences but needing to be near him to say good bye. 

This song also seems like how Cole feels for Nikki. I'm not sure if he really cares about her yet, I think he really does just care about her but there are going to be ulterior motivates that are making him stay to go with it. But it seems like he could be in the Everneath right now and instead, he's sticking around the surface trying to convince Nikki to come back with him.

What song fits the book you are reading right now?

6 comments:

  1. Wow this song is really fitting to the book! I think it could definitely be Cole's song for Nikki, but I also think it could be Nikki's song for Jack, and maybe even Jules for Jack?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this was a great song for Cole and Nikki and Nikki and Jack but I didn't even think about Jules. Great observation!

      Delete
  2. I love this song and it definitely fits! I really enjoyed this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of things about this book, but I still need to check it out!

    Here is mine for this week: http://www.abouttoread.com/2012/01/book-tunes-incarnate.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine the song matching the a scene in the book or even a end credit song. :D Nice pick. Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the song and can't wait to read the book. I was just saying how I wanted to do a music meme or something along those lines and someone suggested this to me. I hope to be joining along on it next week, this is such a great idea. [:

    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen