Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (68) and Top Ten Tuesday (14)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
He'd planned to leave after a few minutes, but by then he'd gotten curious about the girl. When Soren tore the eyepiece from her face, he couldn't stand by and watch any longer, even if she was just a mole.
--Pg. 30 of "Under the Never Sky" by Veronica Rossi

So far, I'm really enjoying this book though I'm on a few pages in. I'm liking the society and I can't wait to figure out what type of trouble Aria and Perry are going to get into together!

What's your teaser?

Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!
Top Ten Books to Read in 2012
Here's my list of books that I can't wait for. This is a very short list and in now way covers all the books I'm excited about. They are also in no order.

1) Tempest by Julia Cross
2) Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
3) Insurgent by Veronica Roth
4) A Million Suns by Beth Revis
5) Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
6) Slide by Jill Hathaway
7) The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
8) For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
9) The Selection by Kiera Cass
10) Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
11) When It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
12) Croak by Gina Damico
13) Grave Mercy by R.L. Lafevers
14) Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
15) Fated by Sarah Alderson

These all look like fantastic reads. Some are sequels by authors I love and others are brand new authors to fall in love with. Like I mentioned before, there are a zillion others but here are just a few listed for you!

What can't you wait to read in 2011?

14 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser! My teaser comes from a collection of short stories by L.M. Montgomery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... that's not 10 books! ;)

    Amazing list. I can't wait to read so many of those ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Insurgent is on just about everyones list. I also can't wait for A Million Suns, just a few days. =] Also I read Tempest and it was very good. You should like it. =]
    Here is My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser - I really want to read Under the Never Sky, it sounds so good! Here's my teaser: http://danielleheartsbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planning on reading UNDER THE NEVER SKY next! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read Under The Never Sky! I just barely got approved so I'm very excited to get started!
    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your teaser. Mine is from Under The Never Sky as well. I loved the book, although it took me a while to get into it.

    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the teaser. I seriously need to read that book :)

    Here's my teaser for this week.

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic choices! I can't wait to read Tempest and I think I'll pick up Bloodrose this week sometime!
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the teaser! I've heard amazing things about Under the Never Sky - can't wait for my copy!

    And I love your top 10 (15 lol!) list! So many good books!!

    Top 10 Tuesday

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fascinating teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the title and the cover of this book, as well as your teaser. Mine is here: http://iousex.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-jan-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is this from a male POV? I have this book - why aren't I reading it? Sigh.

    Here's my TT

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally on board with your list! A lot of great looking debuts and sophomore novels to look forward to this year. I feel like so many incredible trilogies started last year, so I'm looking forward to see what happens with them

    And-WOAH-for Darkness Shows the Stars has an incredible cover. Thanks for drawing my attention to it!

    Feel free to stop by! x

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen