Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (69) and Top Ten Tuesday (15)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

Tempest by Julie Cross
I had to end our conversation because Adam called again and decided I needed to come to his house just in case the CIA had installed listening devices in my place. Not only did I agree with him, I made a promise to myself not to roll my eyes or dismiss what I used to call Adam's paranoia ever again.
--Pg. 119-120 of an ARC of "Tempest" by Julie Cross

I'm participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon so I've been trying to plow through this novel quickly. So far it's really pretty good. I'm interested to see where it's going.



Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!
Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Novel
 1. J.K. Rowling- I feel in lov ewith Harry Potter and have been waiting for her to write something else. I'm not sure if she ever will but I'm in should she decide to!

2. Stephenie Meyer- I know she is still writing The Host series but I could never get into that one. I'd like to read some of the other stuff she said she was working on a few years ago.

3. Libba Bray- I'm really excited for her new series to come out. She does timepieces so well that I can't wait to see what she has in store for us!

4. Bethany Wiggins- I really loved her debut novel Shifting and can't wait to read more stories by her!

5. Tahereh Mafi- Being in Juliette's mind was like seeing the world in technicolor for the very first time. Ms. Mafi's writing is so beautiful that I want to read more, more, more!

6. Veronica Roth- Can I just say... Divergent? I know she has already written Insurgent (or is writing it) but I can't wait for it!

7. Michelle Hodkin- Mara Dyer was her first novel and it was superb. Number one. Can you imagine what her fifth or tenth novel is going to look like? 

8. Wendy Delsol- Her Stork series is so inventive and both novels just sucked me into the story. I really want to get my hands on more.

9. Megan Miranda- Her first novel just came out and I already want more. Beautifully written and filled with amazing characters, I devoured it. Couldn't get enough.

10. Veronica Rossi- Under the Never Sky was so addictive that I can't wait for the next installment. I need to get back to the world under a sky full of Aether!

There were tons of other authors I could have included but these were the ten off the top of my head. What authors made your list today?

18 comments:

  1. Great list! I highly agree with Libba Bray, but not a huge fan of Stephanie Meyers.

    Come check out my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libba Bray is coming out with a new series!! YAY! I don't think that there's anything about it yet on Goodreads but I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it!

    Great list this week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CIA? Paranoia? Does sound full of suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with most of the authors on your Top Ten (some I haven't read lol). Oh, it would be awesome to see Rowling write something completely different from HP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read more from Rowling and Roth too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think everyone wishes Rowling would write another book...no, another series!

    Here is my Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book. I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roth featured on mine too! It was just amazing, wasn't it? I want Insurgent now!

    I don't know about Rowling, I know I'll just be constantly comparing with Harry potter which isn't fair on her, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list! Rowling was my number one too. :) I didn't add Stephenie Meyer, because whilst I loved the Host, I could sometimes give or take a sequel. I liked the open-endedness of The Host, haha. :)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I'm so behind with reading books from 2011 & even 2010. I would love if Stephenie Meyer can hurry up with the Host trilogy. I really loved the Host & want to read more of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful lists of authors..I agree I would love to read more by JK Rowling, but I wonder if we would be disappointed because it wasn't Harry Potterish. Steph Myers, I never could get into the Host either and people rave about it, I couldn't make it thru the first 200 pages..but I would give anything for her to finish Midnight Sun...( yep...I'm admitting it..I'm a Twilighter) On your teaser, I have been going back and forth as to if I want to read this book, you certainly made it sound interesting..do let me know what you think about it and if I should pick it up and read =o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love Veronica Roth's Divergent! :) I too wish she would write another book :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. To be grouped with those AMAZING writers is . . . I have no words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with EVERY one of your MORE authors--'cause I want MORE!! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser! Here is mine: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-tigers-voyage-book-3-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have to say that Rowling and Meyer are on EVERYONES list!!!!great list!!!! i cant wait to see how Hodkin is with her later works!!!! its going to blow people away!!!

    Tara's Top Ten and her giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to read this one. Nice teaser

    My Tuesday Teaser

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally agree about Bethany Wiggins! I'm really afraid SHIFTING is a standalone, but I REALLY wish it would become a series!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen