Friday, January 13, 2012

Book Tunes (35)

Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it.

Want to join in?:

  • Write up a post
  • Tell me the book you are reading, the song you picked and why
  • Link up by leaving the URL to your posts in the comments
Tempest by Julie Cross
The year is 2009. Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, has a girlfriend… and he can travel back through time. But it’s not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it’s just harmless fun. 
That is… until the day strangers burst in on Jackson and his girlfriend, Holly, and during a struggle with Jackson, Holly is fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years to 2007, but this is not like his previous time jumps. Now he’s stuck in 2007 and can’t get back to the future. 
Desperate to somehow return to 2009 to save Holly but unable to return to his rightful year, Jackson settles into 2007 and learns what he can about his abilities. 
But it’s not long before the people who shot Holly in 2009 come looking for Jackson in the past, and these “Enemies of Time” will stop at nothing to recruit this powerful young time-traveler. Recruit… or kill him. 
ecing together the clues about his father, the Enemies of Time, and himself, Jackson must decide how far he’s willing to go to save Holly… and possibly the entire world.
The Tune: Somewhere Out There by Our Lady Peace

The Lyrics:
Last time I talked to you
You were lonely and out of place
You were looking down on me
Lost out in space

We laid underneath the stars
Strung out and feeling brave
I watched the red orange glow
I watched you float away

Down here in the atmosphere
Garbage and city lights
You've gone to save your tired soul
You've gone to save their lives

I turned on the radio
To find you on satellite
I'm waiting for this sky to fall
I'm waiting for a sign

All we are
Is all so far

[Chorus]
You're falling back to me
You're a star that I can see, yeah
I know you're out there
Somewhere out there
You're falling out of reach
Defying gravity, yeah
I know you're out there
Somewhere out there

Hope you remember me
When you're home sick and need a change
I miss your purple hair
I miss the way you taste

I know you'll come back someday
On a bed of nails, I'll wait
I'm praying that you don't burn out
Or fade away

All we are
Is all so far

[Chorus: Repeat x3]

I know
I know
You're falling out of reachI know


I'm not sure if there is a more perfect song for this novel. I just finished this book last night and this song fits it, particularly the ending, like a glove. Even traveling through time, Jackson knows that Holly is out there somewhere and that keeps him going.


What's your song pick for your current read?

2 comments:

  1. Good choice! I can definitely see how that song and the book go together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE "Somewhere Out There." I saw your song pick and just had to stop by and comment. I haven't read Tempest, but just from reading the synopsis and looking at the cover, I can see how this song would fit it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen