Friday, July 29, 2011

YA Bachelor: A Few More Good Men by Nicci of Paper Dreams

Nicci from Paper Dreams is here to talk about a few of her favorite guys that didn't quite make the cut. It was hard narrowing down from our favorites so here's a list of more guys to love before you cast your ballots!


Narrowing down our favorite YA men is nearly an impossible thing to do. I mean have you read half of the amazing books lining store shelves?! YA has an amazing collection of fantastic men. From the bad boy to the best friend and every type in between, there is a guy for everyone to love. So despite the many amazing boys that are being featured in the Top 20, there were some awesome ones that got left behind. These guys deserve just as much love and adoration. Now I started out with a list of about fifteen guys, but I narrowed it down to feature just three here, with a few honorable mentions, or I would probably go on forever!
  1. Alex Fuentes
    Who is he? Gang member in Latino BloodBooks: Perfect Chemistry & Rules of Attraction by Simone ElkelesDescription: “Angry dark eyes. Red and black bandana.” “The guy might look like an Abercrombie model with his ripped bod and flawless face…”
Alex comes off as a typical “I’m-all-that” bad boy who thinks he’s God’s gift to the world, but really he is not like that at all. Hidden beneath his tough, gangster persona is a guy with a desire to succeed in life, but he has settled for the life he has to protect his family. When I first started reading Perfect Chemistry, I was really worried that I would not be able to like Alex. He is after all…a gang member *gasp*. As I got to know him, I fell deeply in love. Alex is a leader, a fighter, and a lover.
Quotes: 
“Mujer, tell me what you want and I’ll give it to you. If it’ll make you happy for me to leave you alone for the rest of your life, say the word. But if you still want me, I’ll do my best to be 
this…” - Alex
"You are the one girl that made me risk everything for a future worth having." – Alex

2. Lucas Delos
Who is he? Scion, demigodBook: Starcrossed by Josephine AngeliniDescription: “He was tall, over six feet at least, and powerfully built, although his muscles were long and lean instead of bulky. He had short, black hair and a dark end-of-summer tan that brought out his white smile and his swimming-pool blue eyes.
A gorgeous, caring, tough demigod, what is not to love there?! Lucas captured me heart from the first moments I read about him. I guess there is such a thing as love at first sight! The way he tried to protect Helen, even as she was trying to kill him…That just made me swoooon.
Quotes:
“As soon as I think I’m in control, you make me laugh or you say something so smart, and I feel like I lose a little bit of myself. I thought I was prepared, but this is much harder than I imagined.” – Lucas
“If I kiss you, I won’t stop.” – Lucas

3. Zach Goode
I watched so many different ‘cast’ lists on youtube to find someone to use, and he(Drew Roy) is my favorite so far.


Who is he? SpyBooks: Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, Don’t Judge A Girl By Her Cover, and Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter
Description: “He was slightly shorter and broader through the shoulders…” “A boy with dark brown hair and broad shoulders.”
Zach’s a boy so full of mystery it could just drive a girl insane, but then he is a spy after all. Full of sarcasm and with a deliciously cocky attitude, Zach is both hilarious and interesting. But when your life is on the line, he is a person who would not hesitate to save you.
Quotes: 
“Hi again, Gallagher Girl.” – Zach
“Oh, and Cammie…I always finish what I start.” -Zach
“So this is good-bye?”  -Cammie
“Come on, Gallagher Girl. What would be the odds of that?” –Zach


Honorable Mentions
James “Jem” Carstairs (The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare)
“Well she’s not responding to my advances…so she must be dead.” – Will
“Or she’s a woman of good taste and sense.” –Jem
"Sometimes," Jem said, "our lives can change so fast that the change outpaces our minds and hearts. It's those times, I think, when our lives have altered but we still long for the time before everything was altered-- that is when we feel the greatest pain. I can tell you, though, from experience, you grow accustomed to it. You learn to live your new life, and you can't imagine, or even really remember, how things were before."

Daniel Kalbi (The Dark Divine by Bree Despain)
“Do you know me now? Do you still think I’m worth saving? Can you look me in the eyes and say you love me now?” -Daniel
"I can't be the hero you want me to be--at least not in that way. But you can, Grace. You don't have to become one of the dark ones. You can fight it. You can turn this curse into a blessing. You can become the hero. You can become truly divine." -Daniel

So there you have it, and believe me these are just a few of the amazing YA Bachelor's who did not make the cut for my secondary list. Others I considered were the following: Owen (Just Listen by Sarah Dessen), Hayden (Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti), Lucius (Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey), Roger (Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson), Jacob (North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley), Milo (Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers), Jag (Possession by Elana Johnson), Catcher (The Dark & Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan), Cole (Linger by Maggie Stiefvater), Gabriel (Dark Visions trilogy by L.J. Smith),  and Shane and/or Michael (Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine).

Enter to win a signed Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Rules:
  • US Giveaway only!
  • Must be 13 years or older
  • Must be a follower
  • May only enter once
  • Must fill out form
  • Giveaway ends 8/12

Good luck everyone!
Thanks so much to Nicci from Paper Dreams for giving us a few more guys to pine for! Don't forget to cast your vote for your favorite guys! And check out their posts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen