Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (44): Forbidden, Tempest & Cursed


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to.

This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.

Forbidden by Syrie James
Syrie joined forces with her talented son Ryan to co-write her next novel, Forbidden. The book is about a 16-year-old girl who comes into unusual powers, only to discover that she's half-angel... and her entire existence is forbidden. 
Alec MacKenzie is fed up with his duties to watch and, when necessary, eliminate the descendants of his angelic forefathers. He chose Emerson Academy as the ideal hiding place where he could escape and be normal for once. He hadn't factored Claire Brennan into his plans... 
Their love is forbidden, going against everything Alec has been taught to believe. But when the threat to Claire's life becomes clear, how far will Alec go to protect her?
Why I need this: I really love that this is a dual novel written by a mother and her daughter. This is a theme I've seen before but I do enjoy angel books and forbidden love!

Forbidden is out January 24, 2012 by HarperTeen.

Tempest by Julie Cross

Jackson thought he had all the time in the world with Holly. Until time took him away from her . . . 
Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy . . . who just happens to be able to travel through time. It’s all just harmless fun until the day Jackson witnesses his girlfriend, Holly, get fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years, but it’s not long before the people who shot Holly come looking for him. And these “Enemies of Time” will stop at nothing to recruit (or kill) this powerful young time-traveler. Jackson must decide how far he is willing to go to save Holly . . . and the entire world.
 Why I need this: I love time travel novels and this one has such high stakes in the very beginning! I'm so there! 


Tempest is out January 3, 2012 by Thomas Dunne.


Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Dying sucks--and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows. 
Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he’s a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she’s more than interested. There’s just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she’s willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't? 
But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she’s not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.
Why I need this: This sounds like X-Men for YA. I love mystery and I love the dilemma of not being able to touch someone. I am definitely into this one!

Cursed will be out September 20120 by Spencer Hill Press.

There are plenty more I'm waiting on but that's it this week. What are you looking forward to?

8 comments:

  1. I'm definitely looking forward to Tempest - time travel is awesome and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks this week Amber! The one I'm most excited to read is probably Tempest because I love the sound of time traveling and romance together. Plus, the cover looks awesome too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! All of these sound great! Definitely going onto my WOW pile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picks. I think Cursed sounds really interesting. Too bad it won't be out for a while.
    kathy from Read This Instead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love the cover of Tempest, just not sure of the whole time travel thing...
    I also like the sound of Cursed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! All these books are going straight to me to-read shelf.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen Forbidden before now but I love the cover! I'll have to go add it to goodreads ^-^

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen