Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (45): Fracture, A Temptation of Angels and The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to.

This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.

Fracture by Megan Miranda
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine—despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she’s far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can’t control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?
 Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she’s reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy’s motives aren’t quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature—or something much more frightening?
 For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.
Why I need this: Well, for starters, I'm a huge If I Stay fan. I like this slew of heroines coming back from death thing and I'm interested to see if it's good or evil or up to them to make of it what they will. Plus, that cover is gorgeous!


Fracture comes out January 3, 2012 from Walker Books for Young Readers.


A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendents charged with protecting the world’s past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel. 
Michelle Zink masterfully weaves history with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.
Why I need this: I've got Michelle Zink's first novel Prophecy of Sisters in my TBR pile and I've heard nothing but good things about it. I love the paranormal romance mixed with history. I can't wait for this!


A Temptation of Angels is out 2012 from Dial Books for Young Readers.


The Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Weingarten

When her boyfriend breaks up with her on the first day of sophomore year, Lucy has no idea how she’s going to make it through homeroom, let alone the rest of her life. Enter three stunning girls with a magical offer Lucy can’t refuse. All she has to do is get a guy to fall in love with her in the next seven days, and then…break his heart and collect one of his brokenhearted tears. As the girls teach Lucy how to hook a guy (with the help of a little magic), she quickly discovers how far she is willing to go—and who she is willing to cross—to get what she wants. 
Fans of Lauren Myracle, Jodi Lynn Anderson, and Meg Cabot will love this tale of breakups, friendship, new crushes, and magic. Told with wit and charm, The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers is sure to be one of this winter’s most irresistible reads!
Why I need this: This looks like one of those fun reads that would be hard to put down. I love the idea of Lucy learning to catch and break a guy in seven days!

The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers comes out HarperCollins Canada on December 27, 2011.

What are you waiting on this week?

13 comments:

  1. All of these are on my wishlist too! Especially Fracture, it sounds amazing. It had a cool cover too. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all these cover and usually I don't like faces on covers. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I didn't finish off that last comment, and my computer decided to post it... Please ignore it and don't approve it!
    Anyway, Fracture seems good cos I loved Before I fall. A Temptation of Angels seems cool cos I read hardly anything with angels in it, but this seems like a different take on it. And the Sisterhood of Heartbreakers doesn't really look like m y thing, but I might read it at some point if I have nothing better to read. Enjoy them all!


    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fracture looks amazing!!!! And I'd read anything by Michelle Zink. I'll have to put all three on my "so excited for these books that I'm going to tear my own hair out if they don't come out soon" list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! These all sound really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fracture looks really cool - the cover is so pretty and yet haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices! I have #1 and can't wait to read it.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fracture sounds particularily interesting for me. I haven't seen it before, but I think that I will need to add it to my TBR pile :)
    Here is my WOW:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html
    Happy Reading
    Sonny @ Literary Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read a novel of Michelle Zink's before but A Temptation of Angel sounds really good! I'm also looking forward to hearing more about The Sisterhood of Heartbreakers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices!
    All of them have been added to my TBR!



    You can check out my Wow here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful WoW choices, I had to add all three of them to my wishlist on Goodreads :)

    I thought I should give a little feedback on your choice of font color. The dark grey is almost impossible to read without marking the text.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fracture is definitely one that l want to read =)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen