Saturday, November 3, 2012

Whovember: Favorite Doctor Discussion Post

For these, I'm going to pose a question, talk a little bit about it and then open up the floor to all of you. I want to know what you think! So make sure to tune in every Saturday and answer my Who themed question!

For this week, I want to ask the most important question: Doctor Who?
Which Doctor has been your favorite so far?
Feel free to go back into the older series. I won't be because I've haven't seen them yet. I started with the 2005 series which makes my answer a little bit easier. My feelings about the Doctors are summed up perfectly in this picture:
If I ask myself this question, I really I want to be original and be like "9 is totally my favorite" but I can't. The second David Tennant woke up as the Doctor and went on his wild rant quoting the Lion King, I knew he was going to be something special. And I was so, so very right!
I feel like David Tennant was an expert at acting really difficult scenes. When he's excited we know it because we get this:
He's so joyful it's hard not to smile with him. When he's mad, he turns his face absolutely terrifying and we get this:
But it's when he's sad that we get some of his best performances ever. I can't even look at his face in the "Doomsday" episode and when he has to erase Donna's memory in "Journey's End" without wanting to cry myself.
He makes me laugh and cry in the same breathe. The 11th Doctor is wonderful and I love him too but my heart is still with Tennant. His randomness and his amazing acting skills and the care with which he played every scene will always make him my favorite. This "slim and a little foxy" man made me love him against all odds and I don't think anyone is going to make me let that go.

Tell me which is your favorite? Leave a comment and vote in the poll!


Which Doctor is your favorite?
  
pollcode.com free polls 


8 comments:

  1. I love the 10th Doctor as well, but i love the 11th Doctor too much. The 11th Doctor is crazy, weird and i love his style! "Bow ties are cool." :)

    Sangita @ Whisper of Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is awesome too! I mean, he feels like my best friend. I even have a text message alert that says "you just got a text message, test messages are cool"that sounds like him! Totally can understand why he is your favorite.

      Delete
  2. Honestly, Nine, Ten, and Eleven all have a special place in my heart. I feel like each of the actors portraying them brought something special to the show. However, I will always be fond of Nine because that was the first Doctor I fell in love with...but I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree. It's really hard to chose because they are all amazing. Glad to see some Nine Doctor love!

      Delete
  3. My vote may not be fair, because I am just now watching #11's second season, but I haven't seen anything of Matt Smith yet that knocks David Tennant out of being my absolute favorite Doctor Who. He was amazing. And the funny thing is, when he first came on, I wasn't so sure---all I could picture was the annoying Barty Crouch character from Harry Potter. But a few episodes in, I completely adored David Tennant as the Doctor and don't think I'll ever see him as anything else again! Matt Smith is good, but just doesn't have that same range of emotion, like you said. For me, it's #10, all the way! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Matt Smith but there is a special place in my heart for Tennant and I'm not sure any other Doctor will ever be able to take it from him. Yay for Ten fans!

      Delete
  4. For a long time for me it was Tom Baker but now Matt Smith is my favorite..he had me at fish fingers and custard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite Doctor is Eleven which you guessed earlier when you read my list of favorite episodes, I love 9 and 10 as well but ever since 11 appeared on screen I loved him because he has this energy that I just adore I can't really put my love for him into to words at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen