Saturday, November 10, 2012

Whovember: Favorite Companion Discussion Post

For these, I'm going to pose a question, talk a little bit about it and then open up the floor to all of you. I want to know what you think! So make sure to tune in every Saturday and answer my Who themed question!


This week, I want to talk about the humans we come to love in the series, the ones that represent us.
Which companion is your favorite?
Yeah, I know I'm asking the tough questions but I'll learn loads more about you by what you say. Are you Rose type of person or a Martha? Does it have to be Donna or Mickey or Rory or Amy or River? Who do you love most?

And because it would be completely unfair of me to answer this and not make myself answer too, I'm choosing Rose Tyler.
My list for the reasons why Rose Tyler is THE GREATEST ever are lengthy so I'll give you the short answer. I love the incredible growth I see in this character in the short time she is on the screen. In season 1, she is sort of this silly shopkeep who doesn't have any life goals. She's kind of just floating through life. But as the show progresses, she begins the find courage and a purpose while keeping her fun loving nature. She truly makes the Doctor better.

Her chemistry with the 9th and 10th Doctor was electric and I loved watching them slowly fall in love. She brought out the best in both incarnations of the Doctor because she knew when to be serious and she knew when to let go and have fun.

Her parting from the show was heartbreaking and her acting, particularly in "Doomsday", was excellent. I really feel her pain when she is beating on the wall screaming for someone to bring her back. She ended up being able to make decisions and choose for herself. She had the courage to tell the Doctor she loved him and the strength to keep fighting to get back to him even though he told her it was hopeless. Those are some of the reasons I love Rose Tyler and think she is the best companion.


What about you? Who's your favorite?

9 comments:

  1. I agree Rose is my favorite as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's Amy/Rory I just love them together and love their interactions with the Doctor! It took me awhile to warm up to them though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are a great pair and I can see why they both get so much love. It's so amazing watching them learn to love each other on screen.

      Delete
  3. It's a toss up between Amy Pond and Martha Jones. I probably lean more toward Amy Pond though because I started watching Dr. Who when she was the companion. Plus, I adore her and Rory together. They have such a strong story. And, OMG I pretty much died in the last episode they appeared. I cried so hard. The really unattractive, pinch-faced, snot-cry. I was devastated.

    Martha Jones was also a fabulous companion, but I think she was under-appreciated. She seemed so level-headed, and I love that even though she left the Doctor early on, she was still apart of his world. Like, she joined UNIT and Torchwood. I felt so bad that the Doctor always seemed to compare her to Rose :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make really good points about both companions.

      I love watching Amy and Rory on screen together and seeing how their adventures with the Doctor affected their marriage. I bawled like a baby their last episode too.

      I was one of those people who didn't appreciate Martha but I realized a lot of the things you said when I went to write up her article. What I find incredible about her is all the times she really truly was awesome were when she was by herself with no Doctor as a safety net.

      Delete
  4. I love all the companions in their own way, but Donna is my favorite. I love her sibling-like relationship with he Doctor and how they're always "bickering" with each other. I just love their friendship so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A Donna lover. I think she is wonderful too and her departure hurts my heart. They were so freaking funny together!

      Delete
  5. I love your blog! So cute! I'm a new follower! I have a couple of giveaways going on right now if you'd like to enter, one is about to end. Just click on the giveaways tab to check them out. I would love it if you would stop by my blog for a visit! Here's the link if you would like to follow me back: MaMa's Book Corner I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! :) Hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen