Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday 66: Silver, 34 Pieces of You and Tiger Lily


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.

Silver by Talia Vance
Beauty is pointless when no one's looking.

Brianna Paxton has been invisible to guys since the eighth grade. She’s pretty enough, it’s just that no one bothers to look. There’s almost nothing that can’t be explained with science, and Brianna has a theory: she’s missing the pheromone that attracts people to one another. Brianna’s theory is shot to hell in one frozen, silver moment, when time stops and Blake Williams not only sees her, he recognizes something inside her that she’s been hiding from even herself.

Before Brianna fully understands who and what she is, she accidentally binds her soul to Blake. Forced to find a way to reconcile forbidden love and her bloody heritage, Brianna discovers that there's nothing pointless about her, and Blake may be in the most danger of all.
Silver is out September 8th 2012 by Flux.

This looks like an interesting take on the whole paranormal forbidden romance thing. I like that it's the girl and it's interesting that she seems really detached. The whole "bloody heritage" thing sealed the deal for me.

34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues
There was something about Ellie... Something dangerous. Charismatic. Broken. Jake looked out for her. Sarah followed her lead. And Jess kept her distance, and kept watch.

Now Ellie's dead, and Jake, Sarah, and Jess are left to pick up the pieces. All they have are 34 clues she left behind. 34 strips of paper hidden in a box beneath her bed. 34 secrets of a brief and painful life.

Jake, Sarah, and Jess all feel responsible for what happened to Ellie, and all three have secrets of their own. As they begin to confront the darkest truths about themselves, they will also find out what Ellie herself had been hiding all along...
34 Pieces of You is out September 4th 2012 by Simon Pulse.

I like clues stories and the way this one is set up reminds me vaguely of 13 Reasons Why. I'll be interested to see where this is going!

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
15 year old Tiger Lily, proud and fierce, wild and misunderstood, doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland, and immediately falls under his spell. Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, big-hearted but hard to reach, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything - her family, her future - to be with the haunted, hunted, courageous boy who loves her. When - as a punishment for her rebellious ways - she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter. With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.
Tiger Lily is out July 3rd 2012 by Harper Collins Children's Books.

My blog's name was going to either be Down The Rabbit Hole or something to do with Neverland. I love the story of Peter Pan so much so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I'm especially excited to see it in the Indian Princess's point of view. She always fascinated me.

There are my WoW picks! What are you waiting on?

9 comments:

  1. This is the first I've heard of 34 Pieces of You. Sounds great, like the others. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely looking forward to Tiger Lily as well!! I'm a huge fan of Peter Pan too so this one definitely caught my eye at first glance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of Tiger Lily! I've always loved the story of Peter Pan, so it should be interesting to read Tiger Lily's POV of events. Can't wait to see the spin the author gives the well-known story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always bias to Wendy when it comes to Peter Pan. So I'm definitely looking forward in reading Tiger Lily, who knows I might end up liking Tiger Lily herself. Also, Silver seems like my cup of tea.
    Great WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! Silver sounds like a great read. And already have Tiger Lily on my TBR list. Here is my Wow: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-grace-mercy-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiger Lily is at the very TOP of my anticipation list right now..I can't wait to read it. Plus they did amazing with the cover. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only one that I have heard of is Tiger Lily which I am getting more and more interested about. I was never a huge Peter Pan person but the story was always a fun one.

    Hope you enjoy this WOW book once you get your hands on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CANNOT WAIT TO GET MY hands on ALL of these!


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  9. 34 Pieces of You and Tiger Lily sound great! Thanks for introducing them to my tbr pile! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen