- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that pageBe careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!
Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
"What do you think, Nash? I say as casually as possible under the circumstances. "You think you own me now or something?" Thinking: Own me own me own me.
Billy reaches over and he put his fingers through the hair behind my ear. "Yeah," he says into my ear. "Oh yeah, I own you now."
--Pg. 103 of an ARC of "Where It Began" by Ann Redisch Stampler
I'm almost halfway through this book and am loving it! Gabby's voice is so strong and unique . I can't wait for her to realize her own strength.
What's your teaser?
Top Ten Books You'd Recommend a Non-ReaderThis list is definitely going to look like a lot of my other ones but bear with me. I wanted to separate it into guys and girls but I feel like girls are less picky (or maybe I just read things tailored to chicks) so I've got a great girl list and girls/guys list too!
2) Shifting by Bethany Wiggins- This book is about Native American mythology which is really interesting and has an endlessly fascinating main character. Maggie Mae spent half of her time surprising me and the other half delighting me. I couldn't wait for me!
3) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- Hauntingly beautiful, this book is perfect to start a dialog with. Mara is funny, realistic and sarcastic plus, you never know if what she is seeing is real or imaginined. Not to mention, this book has one of the sexiest lead male characters I've ever come across.
4) Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer- I know this could be a guy/girl crossover but I still think that with the strong element of romance, this is a girl's book (no offense to the guy's who have read and loved it, more power to you!) I feel like Bella is a lot like most of us actually are in high school and it's nice to read a character like that. From page 1, there is something truly addicting about this book. After all, there is a reason for all the hype.
5) Fracture by Megan Miranda- Delaney's sarcastic yet lovable nerdy personality coupled with an interesting plot is sure to get even those who don't like reading into the mood. It's part thriller, part paranormal and even some contemporary in there so there is something for everyone.
2) Divergent by Veronica Roth- Like The Hunger Games, this novel is heavy on the action. A lot like Fight Club but with chicks, Tris' determination and unwillingness to break in the toughest situations is too hard not to fall for.
3) Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- How can the boy who lived and launched a reading sensation not be on this list? Even if reading has been boring in the past, these books are so stuffed with magic, there is no way anyone can't fall in love with them.
5) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- I love how this novel combines sci-fi and fantasy. Told in third person and alternating between guy and girl, this novel has a strong focus on action and rich world building skills. The perfect read for both guys and girls!
There are plenty of other books I could add to this list but this is a pretty well-rounded one. I hope you see something on here that you haven't read yet and will pick up.
What made your list?