Friday, February 3, 2012

Book Tunes (37)

Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it.

Want to join in?:
  • Write up a post
  • Tell me the book you are reading, the song you picked and why
  • Link up by leaving the URL to your posts in the comments
Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
Sometimes the end is just the beginning.
Gabby lived under the radar until her makeover. Way under. but when she started her senior year as a blonder, better-dressed version of herself, she struck gold: Billy Nash believed she was a the flawless girl she was pretending to be. The next eight months with Billy were bliss...Until the night Gabby woke up on the ground next to the remains of his BMW without a single memory of how she got there.
And Billy's nowhere to be found.
All Gabby wants is to make everything perfect again. But getting her life back isn't difficult, it's impossible. Because nothing is the same, and Gabby's beginning to realize she's missed more than a few danger signs along the way.
It's time for Gabby to face the truth, even if it means everything changes.
Especially if it means everything changes.
The Tune: Hearing Damage by Thom Yorke

The Lyrics:
A tear in my brain
Allows the voices in
They wanna push you off the path
With their frequency wires

And you can do no wrong
In my eyes
In my eyes
You can do no wrong
In my eyes
In my eyes

A drunken salesman
Your hearing damage
Your mind is restless
They say you’re getting better
But you don’t feel any better

Your speakers are blowing
Your ears are wrecking
Your hearing damage
You wish you felt better
You wish you felt better

You can do no wrong
In my eyes
In my eyes
You can do no wrong
In my eyes
In my eyes
In my

In my eyes
In my eyes

In my eyes

I'm not very far into this novel but I'm already in love. Right now, no one is telling Gabby anything and she's trying to re-build her entire life with little snatches at a time. Everything is damaged accept the image of her boyfriend who still hasn't come to visit. I feel like the lyric "your mind is restless" really works for this plus the dissonance in this song really fits Gabby's current mental state and predicament. 

Do you have a perfect song for the book you are reading? Let me know by linking up in the comments? Also, what do you think of my choice? 

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog and frequently use it to get new books from the library. Thank you so much!

    Not sure if I can participate weekly but went ahead and wrote this one today because I couldn't get it out of my head:
    http://sarajschmidt.wordpress.com/2012/02/03/book-tunes-friday/

    Have a great weekend!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect! You can't even know how perfect until you get deeper into the book. Thank you!!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't able to join last week (but have one ready now which I'll link up later). Anyway, this one reminds me of Radiohead or The Verve I think. Basing from the summary, yeah, I do feel the song fits Gabby's present predicament.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen