Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Time Will Come (31): Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme started by Books for Company which spotlights books that have been sitting unread on our shelves for too long.

Want to join in?:
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book
- Link the post up in the linky at Books for Company
- Visit the other blogs!

Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky. 
In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low. 
And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war. 
Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages—not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out. 
When one of the strangers—beautiful, haunted Akiva—fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?
It stinks because this novel pretty much graced everyone's must be read list of last year and I just haven't had the time to read it. I will make time for it this year though because everyone seems to love this book!

What's been on your shelf too long?

7 comments:

  1. That book needs to be BUMPED up on your TBR list! Seriously, it was my favorite read of 2011! <3


    Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely give this a go!! I read it last year and really really enjoyed it. The book that's been sitting on my shelf TOO long is Nightshade by Angela Cremer. It's seriously been there for forever

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- make time to read this book- definitely! This was my favourite read of last year, I loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book! I hope you get a chance to read it soon I look forward to hearing what you think of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you MUSTTTTTT read this! It's one of the most wonderful YA books I've ever read. So, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is also in my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. City of Bones has been on my TBR list waaay too long. Get get to it sharpish!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen