Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Time Will Come (33): There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme started by Books for Company which spotlights books that have been sitting unread on our shelves for too long.

Want to join in?:
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book
- Link the post up in the linky at Books for Company
- Visit the other blogs!

There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones
Grief brought Finley to Ireland. LOVE WILL LEAD HER HOME. 
Finley Sinclair is not your typical eighteen-year-old. She's witty, tough, and driven. With an upcoming interview at the Manhattan music conservatory, Finley needs to compose her audition piece. But her creativity disappeared with the death of her older brother, Will. 
She decides to study abroad in Ireland so she can follow Will's travel journal. It's the place he felt closest to God, and she's hopeful being there will help her make peace over losing him. So she agrees to an exchange program and boards the plane. 
Beckett Rush, teen heartthrob and Hollywood bad boy, is flying to Ireland to finish filming his latest vampire movie. On the flight, he meets Finley. She's the one girl who seems immune to his charm. Undeterred, Beckett convinces her to be his assistant in exchange for his help as a tour guide. 
Once in Ireland, Finley starts to break down. The loss of her brother and the pressure of school, her audition, and whatever it is that is happening between her and Beckett, leads her to a new and dangerous vice. When is God going to show up for her in this emerald paradise? 
Then she experiences something that radically changes her perspective on life. Could it be God convincing her that everything she's been looking for has been with her all along?
Of course, this is another case of so little time and so many wonderful books. I read some very glowing reviews on this one though and need to get to it since my biggest love is Ireland. I've always wanted to go there so a book set in Ireland would be perfect for me. Can't wait to find the time!

What has been on your shelf too long?

7 comments:

  1. 1. I'm grateful for your choice - I just marked it to read in Goodreads :)
    2. I don't have a "book blog" but I just picked up Hunger Games (which has been on my shelf since long before the craziness ensued at the suggestion of the 20something year old who works in the YA section of my B&N)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this one forever, too! Hope we both get to it soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good- very emotional, and I like the fact that it's set in Ireland. I've seen this book about on blogs but hadn't paid too much attention to it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this one around, it sounds so good =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah, this book was AWESOME! But you probs saw all my ravings about it last year. lol Push this one up closer to the top of the TBR pile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read this one as well. I still need to get a copy though. Hope you get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get to this one soon too. I've had it for ages. Thanks for reminding me about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen