Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Time Will Come (32): Dust City by Robert Paul Weston

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme started by Books for Company which spotlights books that have been sitting unread on our shelves for too long.

Want to join in?:
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book
- Link the post up in the linky at Books for Company
- Visit the other blogs!

Dust City by Robert Paul Weston
Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? 
His son, that's who. 
Ever since his father's arrest for the murder of Little Red Riding Hood, teen wolf Henry Whelp has kept a low profile in a Home for Wayward Wolves . . . until a murder at the Home leads Henry to believe his father may have been framed. 
Now, with the help of his kleptomaniac roommate, Jack, and a daring she-wolf named Fiona, Henry will have to venture deep into the heart of Dust City: a rundown, gritty metropolis where fairydust is craved by everyone-and controlled by a dangerous mob of Water Nixies and their crime boss leader, Skinner. 
Can Henry solve the mystery of his family's sinister past? Or, like his father before him, is he destined for life as a big bad wolf?
 I always thought this book looked so cool and fresh. I haven't gotten a chance to read it because I've only gotten to read ARCs lately (and my tbr pile is huge) but this is still one that looks really good to me. Plus, I love that it's guy friendly. Still one I'm waiting to read!

What's been on your shelf too long?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, this book sounds cool! I love fairy tale retellings, so this one is right up my alley!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm looking forward to reading more from you!

    Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase (New Follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever heard of this one before- but I love the sound of it! This sounds like a very different kind of read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very creative! I love wolves, so I'll want to check it out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never expected this dealing after the Little Red Riding Hood. Henry Welp - what a name :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really great book! And the "who's afraid of the big bad wolf" thing is so cute! Hope you can read it soon! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen