Saturday, September 18, 2010

Getting To Know You... (5)

... Though Fictional Boyfriends

I was trying to think of a fun post this week and this is what I came up with. With YA fiction exploding with swoonable guys, it's seems appropriate to have some major man crushes. So I wante doth share with you who'd I'd take from the predictable onwards. These guys are in no particular order and each have things I love about them.

1) Edward Cullen of the Twilight Saga- But I want me a very specific Edward Cullen. I want Edward Cullen from beginning to middle of Eclipse. I loved the Edward that fought with Jacob but respected Bella enough to let her wander off on her own. They've already been through the whiny "if you love them, let them go" stage and are now both happily a couple. I don't think there was a time when he was sexier in the novels. I'm not too proud to admit that I thought it was hot when he'd fight for Bella. Plus, I'm a sucker for the gentle giant and the whole I want to have you but I have to control myself thing is pretty great.

Other things I like about Mr. Cullen: His old fashioned tendencies (i.e. opening doors, jewelry with history, respect), his ability to run really fast, his strength, his paternal instincts, his composed manner



2) Peeta Mellark of The Hunger Games Trilogy- What's not to love about the boy with the bread? Peeta is everything I could want in a guy all wrapped up into one adorable blonde package. I like that he's the quiet thoughtful love interest that bursts onto the scene and can hold his own with the girl on fire. I also love that he's an artist and think it's prefect considering his time in the bakery. The best thing about Peeta is his heart. Time after time he shows that he not only pays attention but that he's one of the most caring individuals ever. I can't wait to see this crush come to life on the big screen!


3) Taylor from Hold Still- I wasn't kidding about really liking this kid. The fact that we met him skateboarding to school and that he doesn't talk to Caitlin, just merely keeps her company on the way even though they've never spoken had me glued to the novel, dying to see what he was going to try next. He knew she was hurting and was okay just being with her. Later, we find out he has a car (this was so funny!) and he lets Caitlin drive it even though she doesn't have a license because it will make her feel better. He's got a great sense of humor with is "Will work for sex" shirt but he's got enough humility to be embarrassed when he realizes he's accidentally won it in front of Caitlin's parents. He's thoughtful, sweet and willing to figure out who Caitlin is while she tries to figure it out too.

4) Gabriel from Once A Witch- this crush swept up on me and knocked me off my feet (like the best of crushes). I'll have a review on this soon but I'll just say now that I wasn't expecting this book to be amazing and it was more than that. I loved the the main love interest Gabriel. I always find stories where the love interest was friends with the MC first and then moved (or whatever else) and came back hot. This was Gabriel and he came back sure of himself. His dialog with Tam is witty and hilarious, his dark black hair and dark eyes are alluring and oh yeah, he's a flippin' powerful wizard who can find your lost keys or long lost relative you didn't know you had. Plus, he's a talented musician. 'Nough said.


5) Lucius from Jessica's Guide To Dating On The Darkside- Oh man was this guy smooth. He was conceited, rude, and stubborn but that's what made Jessica and Luc's chemistry so right. From the moment he walked into the bar, nose up in the air and pants perfectly tailored to show his frame, I was in love. I guess I have a thing for vampires but this guy was so smooth talking, who wouldn't? Not only that but throughout the book, his true personality starts to show and he's revealed to not be as rude as he first seems. Every conversation, every biting bit of laughter, every intense glance had me ripping through the novel's pages and wishing there were about a million more.


So what about you? Which guys or gals always make you smile when you read them?

7 comments:

  1. My recent favorite has been Hank from the Half-Life of Planets. I don't think there's one thing I disliked about him. He's hilarious, genuine, and caring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peeta...definitely Peeta. I have to say that Edward Cullen sparkles too much for my liking, but that's just me haha I'm also well in love with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley - always have been, always will be. Oh, and Percy Jackson. Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peeta's a great choice! I was always Team Peeta :D

    Let's see, well there's the obvious choice of Mr. Darcy from P&P...and I also really liked Thomas Schofield from Sorcery & Cecelia, David from the Uglies series, and Mendanbar from Patricia Wrede's Enchanted Forest series (this one's not so well-known anymore but it's great!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. With you there! Especially with Peeta. Mmm.
    Big crush on Zach from Impossible. He can love her and believe in her even when she's knocked up by an evil elf knight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peeta! :) Oh most deifintely Peeta! He's so perfect! And I agree about the Edward Cullen part too :)
    My other favorites are Leon from Birthmarked (which I just read and LOVED) and Sir Percy from The Scarlet Pimpernel (it's an old classic)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found you through the blog hop.
    What can I say... you won be over with the Alice in Wonderland theme of your blog!
    Following you now and will pop by to see new posts from you :)

    Chazz
    http://chazzhart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing guys! It seems that there's a certain Peeta theme all around.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen