Monday, September 6, 2010

Cover Envy (6)

On my iPod: "Brick By Boring Brick" by Paramore

It's that time of week again! I'm showing another couple of covers that make me green with envy and stuck sitting on my hands until the novels they cover come out.


Hope you enjoy!


Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury- There is something about this cover. I'm not normally not into drawn covers because they usually like cheesy but I think it's the style of this cover. It looks fresh, slightly warped and a little oriental (a la the cherry blossoms in the background). I love the colors-- the sky blue in the background like clean water, her dress a pale baby pink and the purple pink of the cherry blossom petals. Amazing! The text also looks great blending in beautifully with the tree branch. I'm rooted and don't want to look away!


Here's the blurb (from Goodreads):


This is Agnes Wilkins’ debut season and already she’s attracting the attention of one of England’s most eligible and desirable men: Lord Showalter. He’s been quite forward about his intentions and Agnes finds this at once thrilling and terrifying. He is handsome and wealthy and has this quirky interest in helping England amass the world’s finest collection of Egyptian artifacts. It could be a good match—but everything Agnes knows about courtship and high society romance comes from A. Lady novels, and it seems to be a rule that men who are too good to be true are usually hiding something. But, what Showalter is hiding is not crumbling finances or boarish behavior. He is deceiving the whole British Empire. He is spy working for Napoleon, his orders smuggled into London in Egyptian artifacts—like the one Agnes pockets while at a mummy unwrapping party at Showalter’s home. Her innocent interest in this trinket (and childish need to keep it) jump starts a chain of events that bring out dangerous characters, dangerous circumstances, and the biggest danger of all—true love. Jennifer Bradbury’s knack for suspense and adventure make this an amazingly rich, wildly compelling and utterly fascinating novel about the secrets in and out of a mummy’s tomb. Keep your wits and trust your heart. 


Wrapped will be out May 24, 2011


Nightshade by Andrea Cremer- I'm pretty sure it's illegal not to be in love with this cover. It's so incredibly gripping. I love the light airy colors, they remind me of winter. The bright amber eyes couple with the chilly pale skin and blue tinged hair has me intrigued. The white lilies dripping with crimson blood keeps me captivated. Everything about this cover works to hold me and it makes me need to know more.


Here's the blurb (from Goodreads):


Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


Nightshade comes out October 19, 2010.


Now excuse me while I go wipe the drool off my face. What covers are you in love with this week?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, looks like a lot of fun reads -- I love me a good cover, so I do really like the cover for Wrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wrapped cover! Looks like a great book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those covers look great! ;) Brick By Boring Brick is a totally great song, I love it. I listened to it today on my way home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen