Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (51): Of Poseidon, Undeadly and Touch of Power


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to.

This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Emma and her friend Chloe are spending vacation in Florida. When Emma (literally) runs into a hot guy named Galen on the beach, little does she know he’s a prince of the Syrena. Galen and Emma both feel something strange – is it attraction? – and Galen suspects that Emma might well be the girl he’s heard of – a human who can communicate with fish. 
What follows is a deadly scene with a shark in which Galen witnesses Emma’s gifts. He must know more about her, and follows her back to New Jersey, and high school, to find out for sure if she’s the key to saving his kingdom. Soon, Emma can’t deny her feelings for him, but can’t explain them, either – and both she and Galen must learn more about where she comes from and what her powers are before they can trust one another and their feelings.
Why I need this: This seems like such a fun concept though I wish we knew more about what Syrena is from. I love the name Galen and can't wait to learn about the characters. Plus, I'm in serious cover love right now!


Of Poseidon comes out May 22, 2012 from Feiwel & Friends. 


Undeadly by Michelle Vail
There isn't actually a summary for this yet but on her Facebook the author mentioned that Undeadly is about a 16-year-old reaper which I love!
Why I need this: I'm always looking for the newest paranormal creature and there aren't a lot of books about reapers for the YA market. I wish there was more about this novel but right now we'll just have to settle for this gorgeous cover! I can't wait!


Undeadly comes out February 28, 2012 from Harlequin Teen.  








Touch of Power by Maria N Snyder

Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Territories, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos. 
Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life...
Why I need this: I loved Ms. Snyder's Poison Study series and this novel seems like she's going back to that style. I've always been drawn to healers in fiction and video games so I'm interested to read a book about one. I love this and again, the cover is just gorgeous!

Touch of Power comes out December 20, 2011 from Mira.

What are you waiting on this week?

9 comments:

  1. Not heard of Undeadly...but the fact it's a reaper means automatically on my TBR. Thanks for the heads up!
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose Of Poseidon this week, too! The other two look amazing as well--definitely adding both of them to my wishlist! Did you ever see the show Dead Like Me? It was one of my favorites, about a teenage reaper---it was so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices!! Undeadly sounds awesome. seen the other two a fair bit today and they both look good

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I am so excited for all of these books!! They all look amazing :)

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-9-tempest.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of Poseidon has an amazing cover! I haven't heard of the other two books before now but they both sound good :)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to Of Poseidon too - haven't heard of Undeadly, but it looks pretty good, and I love the sound of Touch of Power! Great picks :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the haunting look for Of Poseidon's cover! And even though there's not much to say about Undeadly yet, just hearing that it involves reapers has me excited! Great WoW picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG
    Undeadly and Touch of Power sound so GOOD!
    I would love to get my hands on both of them .
    Great picks

    Krazzyme @Young Readers

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen