1) What's one thing you'd like people to know about ALWAYS A WITCH?
That it's a sequel! Some people don't know that. While I think you could read Always a Witch on it's own--it would make more sense if you read Once a Witch first.
2) Did you have to do a lot of research on the Victorian era for ALWAYS A WITCH? Is there somethng you found out that you loved? Did you put it in the novel?
I did do a lot of research and tried to include some fun, key details. At the same time, Tamsin is traveling back in time so she's bringing her modern girl sensibilities to Victorian New York and that was a challenge to write.
3) Who would be Tamsin's literary best friend?
Hmmm....Elizabeth Bennet. (Just because I love that character way too much!) Or Harry from The Blue Sword.
4) What about Gabriel? Who would he hang out with if he wasn't hanging out with Tasmin?
Aw . . Gabriel would be surrounded by girls of all kinds! (So true, I'd totally hang out with him!)
5) Tamsin's family are all about Talents. If you could have a Talent which one would it be? Is there a Talent would you prefer not to have?
I would love to be able to rewind time so I could have instant "do-overs." I need do-overs a lot in my life. As for a Talent I would prefer not to have-I think most of them are pretty cool.
6) Why write about witches? Is there another type of paranormal creature you'd like to write about in the future?
I love a good witch story! As for other paranormal creatures--perhaps trolls? They get a bad rap! (Interesting...)
7) When did you decide you wanted to be a writer? Was there any other plans in place before then?
I always wanted to be a writer. I also wanted to be a lot of other things as well. A baker, bookstore owner, pilot, ballerina, princess in a tower--you name it.
8) Was ONCE A WITCH always planned to have a sequel? Will there be anymore books in the series?
Yes, I always planned a sequel to Once a Witch. As of now, there are not other books in the series. Maybe a prequel to Once a Witch--but not in the near future.
9) Have you read anything good lately?
I'm reading a lot of great picture books these days to my 2 year old and my 5 month old!
10) What are you working on now?
Another paranormal YA this time set in a seaside village.
I'm offering up a copy of Once A Witch or Always A Witch (depending on what the winner wants). As long as the Book Depository ships to you, you are welcome to enter the giveaway!
- Must be 13 years or older
- Must fill out the form
- International (as long as the Book Depository ships to you)
- Giveaway ends October 7, 2011