Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Time Will Come (14): Graceling by Kristin Cashore


The Time Will Come is a weekly meme started by Books for Company which spotlights books that have been sitting unread on our shelves for too long.*

Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book
- Link the post up in the linky at Books for Company
- Visit the other blogs!

Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight—she’s a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king’s thug. 
When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change. She never expects to become Po’s friend. She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace—or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away . . . a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone.
I feel like everyone and their grandmother has read and really loved this novel. I picked it up on blogger recommendation alone and just haven't found time to get to it. It's won like every award on the sun so I know when I finally do that it's going to be great. 

What book has been sitting on your shelf too long?

8 comments:

  1. I have this one, too! You're not alone :D It sounds brilliant, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got The Deadliest Bite by Jennifer Rardin on my shelf, it is the last book in the series. There are about 6-7 books, and I only read book #1 so far ;) I feel ashamed even talking about it ;) Graceling on the other hand I've read, and it was awesome. So hope you'll get to it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just listened to this on audiobook last week and it was pretty good. If you enjoy fantasies you will definitely like this.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH.MY.GOD! You HAVE to read it! I love it with all my heart!!

    I've never seen this post before =9. Im not gonna do the post though cuz I need to go study T_T. HELL! But I will tell you that in my to-read list Eyes Like Stars have been there since. I just bought it last week though because I read to amazing reviews that totally convinced to read that trilogy =D. Im probably going to read it in November. After Lola, Silence, Mara Dyer, Beautiful Chaos and Drink Deep (and after a freaking long 12 pages essay + midterm + homeworks grr) But I will!! =D ere I come Theatre Illuminata.
    Hell, I talk too much!... Dont fall asleep!

    Byw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graceling is amazing. I say dive in and you'll be in love with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you so have to read this book! IT IS AMAZING! LOVED KATSA!!!! And Po :) Awesome book, so is Fire, can't wait for Bitterblue to come out!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was one I actually didn't much care for. I had a hard time accepting the author's obvious biases about marriage (or the lack thereof). I thought it was really irrelevant to the story and therefore inappropriate. I don't know - it just wasn't my thing. But then again, a high fantasy has to be REALLY good for me to like it, so maybe I was already biased against it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't ever heard of this one before!
    Sounds quite good! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen