Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Tunes (24)

Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it. 


Want to join in?:

  • Write up a post
  • Tell me the book you are reading, the song you picked and why
  • Link up by leaving the URL to your posts in the comments


Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
“It seemed so right. Danny was mine, I was his, and that wasn’t going to work if he was dead. So I would make him not dead, not anymore. I didn’t think any further than what it would feel like to kiss him again, to wrap my arms around him and bury my head against his shoulder. 

That was my first mistake. It also turned out to be the biggest.” 
When her boyfriend, Danny, is killed in a car accident, Wren can’t imagine living without him. Wild with grief, she uses the untamed powers she’s inherited to bring him back. But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy she once loved. 
Wren has spent four months keeping Danny hidden, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school and somehow, inexplicably, he can sense her secret. Wren finds herself drawn to Gabriel, who is so much more alive than the ghost of the boy she loved. But Wren can’t turn her back on Danny or the choice she made for him—and she realizes she must find a way to make things right, even if it means breaking her own heart. 
Amy Garvey’s transcendent teen debut is perfect for fans of Shiver and Beautiful Creatures. Wren’s unforgettable voice and story will stay with readers long after the last page is turned.
The Tune: I Miss You by Blink 182

The Lyrics:
(I miss you, I miss you)
Hello there, the angel from my nightmare
The shadow in the background of the morgue
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want
Where you can always find me
We'll have Halloween on Christmas
And in the night we'll wish this never ends
We'll wish this never ends

(I miss you, I miss you)
(I miss you, I miss you)

Where are you and I'm so sorry
I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight
I need somebody and always
This sick strange darkness
Comes creeping on so haunting every time
And as I stared I counted
Webs from all the spiders
Catching things and eating their insides
Like indecision to call you
and hear your voice of treason
Will you come home and stop this pain tonight
Stop this pain tonight

Don't waste your time on me you're already
The voice inside my head (I miss you, I miss you)
Don't waste your time on me you're already
The voice inside my head (I miss you, I miss you)
[x3]

(I miss you, I miss you) 
[x4] 



Even though Wren has risen her boyfriend Danny from the dead, he's not the same person. After so much loss in her life, she just needs something to stay the same. But even Danny isn't really himself and she misses him more than she can put into words. Her sorrow is evident in all of her daily routines. I chose this song for that theme and also because it's a little creepy and off which fits perfectly with the idea of raising a corpse from the dead to love.


What do you think of the choice?


1 comment:

  1. I haven't gotten around to reading this one yet, but I like the song.

    This week I picked a song for Anna Godbersen's Luxe series: http://www.abouttoread.com/2011/09/book-tunes-fridays-luxe-series.html

    Thanks for hosting this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen