Tuesday, September 27, 2011

TEAser Tuesday (54): Eve & Top Ten Tuesday (1)


TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

Eve by Anna Carey
"Welcome," he said in a voice that made it clear we were anything but. He held me there, in his gaze, his eyes roaming over my face until they lowered to my breasts, my waist, my legs. I felt a rush of panic and pulled at the bowl, trying to get free.
--Pg. 105-106 of "Eve" by Anna Carey

I'm about 33% of the way through this one right now but it won't take me long to finish. This book moves fast and I admire how the author can make a barely populated world seem interesting. I have no idea where this novel is going to take me  and I love the adventure!

So what's your teaser?


Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish

This week's question is: What are the top ten books you'd like to re-read?

I don't usually re-read books. I tend to get bored quickly and there are so many books coming out every week that I don't like to re-read. That being said, there are some I wouldn't mind going back to if the time ever permits.

1) The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- Sure, this is actually a 7 book set but I'd love to get around to re-reading it. I think it's been long enough that the magic of the first time would come back to me easier. Plus, there are huge chunks of these books that I just don't remember. 

2) Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray- I love this series. It's the first full fledged YA series I read and fell in love with. I'd like to re-read it for the finer points.

3) The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger- One of the only adult fiction novels that I really love. It's an absolutely beautiful love story and had me bawling by the end. Plus I need to re-read it to get the movie version out of my head which was a  bit of a disappointment. 

4) The Study series by Maria N. Snyder- I loved Yelena and her world. She was such a strong role model and so dang smart. I'd love to revisit it sometime!

5) The Hunger Games series by Suzanna Collins- I would like to revisit these eventually. I'm not sure if I'm ready right now but I know that in a few years, I'll be craving to remember every single gruesome detail of Katniss's adventures.

6) Divergent by Veronica Roth- Like The Hunger Games, I'm not quite ready yet but I have a feeling that by the time Insurgent comes out, I'll want to. I just remember looking up from this book in the bookstore and smiling at all the poor saps who weren't reading it. 

7) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- I closed this novel and immediately wanted to re-read it again to see all the clues I probably missed the first time. Also, I wanted to experience Noah in all of his British glory all over again!

8) If I Stay by Gayle Forman- Mia's story broke my heart in two but by the end I was smiling. It's such a short book that I wouldn't mind wandering back to it.

9) Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer- I've re-read this series once already right around Christmastime a few years ago and found I was just as into the books as the first time. It's so easy to get sucked back into the atmosphere of Forks and fall in love with Edward's sweetness all over again. 

10) The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater- Just to cry at how amazing of a writer she is. Seriously, her prose is like ODing on chocolate for the eyes. Just incredible. Plus I love all the characters and wouldn't mind seeing Grace and Sam fall in love all over again.

Did you make a list? Which books wouldn't you mind re-reading?

9 comments:

  1. I never did re-read the Harry Potter series, in that I never sat down and took one of the books and read it start to finish. I just re-read (about a hundred times) all the parts that I love; which is in almost every case the entire book. Even now, when I'm between books and don't have time to start a new one, I pick out a random Harry Potter book, open it to a random page and start devouring! But I do sometimes have trouble remembering which scene comes after which!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My teaser is also from Eve! I'm loving it so far...such a fast easy and captivating read! Can't wait to see where it goes!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and The Wolves of Mercy Falls are all really great series (and amongst my favorites!). I also LOVED Divergent so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser, this is on my list to read. Hope you enjoy!
    I also re-read :) some books are just worth it.

    Teaser Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually re-read all the time, but not so much this year as my tbr pile grows like so many gremlins fed after midnight while taking a nap in the swimming pool... May I just say how refreshing it is to see some Twilight love? Nowadays it seems popular to hate on Twilight, but I still love it, and I will always be Team Edward. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice teaser. This one is coming up very soon for me.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing Eve around, but hadn't heard any actual comments. Can't wait to read it.

    I agree w/Kate, it's nice to see some Twilight love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I re-read Harry Potter pretty much every year. Also agree with you on Time Traveler's Wife, love the book. I'm currently starting on Divergent.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen