Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Time Will Come (12): Where She Went by Gayle Forman

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme started by Books for Company which spotlights books that have been sitting unread on our shelves for too long.*

Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book
- Link the post up in the linky at 
Books for Company
- Visit the other blogs!



Where She Went by Gayle Forman
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.
I never thought this novel would be sitting on my shelf as long as it has since If I Stay is one of my all time favorite novels but here I am and it still hasn't been read which is stinking crazy. I love that this one is written an Adam's point of view and I can't wait to dig in to it.


What's been on your shelf for too long?

6 comments:

  1. I really want to read Where She Went and I hope you get around to it! Delrium by Lauren Oliver has been on my TBR since the it came out and I don't know why I haven't read it yet. Before I Fall is an all time favorite and Delerium got some seriously kick ass reviews...

    Hope I get to it soon :)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably would have bought this if it were in paperback. I do like Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same situation you're in! I loved If I Stay, but I wasn't interested in Where She Went. I believe that in a way, I'm afraid that if I don't like it, it'll ruin If I Stay for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad. Pick this one up! I cried so much. This is my favorite book. What can I say to make you read it? Hmm. (thinks) Adam is so messed up inside and is all because of her. He's still hurting and is so cute to see a guy still wanting a girl after it's been years. Did that help?



    - MARY [ ANXIRIUM | GIVEAWAY ]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read If I Stay, and Where She Went looks just great! Hope you can read it soon!

    Louisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOLFSBANE, by Andrea Cremer. I still can't believe I haven't read it yet. I loved NIGHTSHADE, but for some reason, I'm afraid to read this one. I've read a lot of negative reviews, and I'm worried I won't like it. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen