Friday, September 30, 2011

Top Spot: September 2011

Top Spot is a new monthly blog meme hosted by the Skype Sisters. Every month we will get together to share our favorite read from that month.


How to play along:



• Pick your favorite read from the current month
• Make a blog post stating your Top Spot pick and share with us why it got the Top Spot for you. Don't forget to add the Top Spot button and link back to Skype Sisters! Feel free to add (link or attatched) reviews, book summaries or teasers in the post as well for people to take a look at. 
 » NOTE: No book spoilers allowed! If you have to add them, be sure to include a warning.
• Add your post in the linky and enjoy the current months favorites! 

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.
So my love obsession with this novel feels a little bit sinful. I nearly fainted of excitement when I got my signed copy of this book in the mail today because it is really that epic. The characters are people I want to know. I'd be friends with every single on, including Mara's little brother Joseph. Plus, can I just say Noah Shaw? He's seriously one of the most sexy male love interests I've ever encountered in literature. The laugh out loud funny lines ("Why are animal crackers in my my bed?" "You thought they were your pets. You wouldn't let me near them.") and the crazy tension all make this an incredible, must read.

For more gushing on my love affair with Mara Dyer you can check out my review!

Or you can, you know, just read the book and find out what all my fuss is about!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read this book! I've heard so many good things about it. Loving this meme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A signed copy? I am so jealous. I won a copy on a blog and I've been waiting 12 years to get it. :(

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost squealing only from reading this! Lol. And that's cool you got a signed copy! I just ordered this one last night and I seriously cannot wait to get my copy of it. I'm sooooo intrigued by it! Looks awesome. o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! They must all read it IMMEDIATELY to found out what's so amazing :) Noah...sigh....

    LOVE!

    PS, Love the animal crackers line ;)

    My Top Spot

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen