Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Waiting on Wedneaday (13): The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to.






The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab


The Near Witch is only an old story told to frighten children.

If the wind calls at night, you must not listen. The wind is lonely, and always looking for company.

There are no strangers in the town of Near.

These are the truths that Lexi has heard all her life. But when an actual stranger—a boy who seems to fade like smoke—appears outside her home on the moor at night, she knows that at least one of these sayings is no longer true.

The next night, the children of Near start disappearing from their beds, and the mysterious boy falls under suspicion. Still, he insists on helping Lexi search for them. Something tells her she can trust him.

As the hunt for the children intensifies, so does Lexi’s need to know—about the witch that just might be more than a bedtime story, about the wind that seems to speak through the walls at night, and about the history of this nameless boy.

Part fairy tale, part love story, Victoria Schwab’s debut novel is entirely original yet achingly familiar: a song you heard long ago, a whisper carried by the wind, and a dream you won’t soon forget.



It's honestly not fair of this book to sound so good. Ever since I read the summary a while ago I've been dying for this one to come out. It's a few parts creepy and a few parts intriguing. That's truly a noxious brew!


The Near Witch is out August 2, 2011.


So what about you? What are you waiting for?

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one, I've had it on my list for so long and we still have a really long wait for it. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I know, I'm totally looking forward to this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh, I love creepy fairytale-like stories
    the reviews on goodreads seem to favour this book a lot too
    will be adding to my TBR pile =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, have an award for you here =)
    http://angeltyuan.blogspot.com/2010/10/award-life-is-good.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting! Thx! Hope you come by and see my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for featuring my book! It makes my day. And I do promise to have ARC giveaways starting in January, since it's still a long wait!

    Best,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh this looks awesome. I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds incredible! Great pick this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen