Tuesday, October 19, 2010

TEAser Tuesdays (10): Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!


" "Eccentric?" Megan said. She looked generally surprised. "Alexis... your little sister is possessed."

I had to put a hand on the sink to keep from toppling over onto the grimy floor tiles.

"Like ghost, demon, darkside, Voldemort," Megan went on."

- Pg. 165-166 of Bad Girls Don't Die


I'll be honest, I considered giving this book away a couple of times because the cover and premise is SO creepy but I decided to be brave and read this novel for Halloween. I'm so glad I give it a chance. It's wonderful and I now I know what I'd be missing.

So give me some good teasers! What are you tempting me with this week?

15 comments:

  1. I am definitely intrigued! My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-voltaires-calligrapher.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Voldemort comment. I'm not much into the creepy creepy factor when reading but I do like the cover. Great teaser this week!

    My teaser is from Shades Of Gray by LM Pruitt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Voldemort reference. You know a book has made it completely in pop culture when that happens!
    Check out my Tuesday here

    http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it is a good read.

    My teaser is here this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Voldemort! haha It's funny to see when today's culture becomes iconic isn't it? I love it! Thanks for coming by my site earlier! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!
    The Delusional Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...I think I just told you to have a fabulous weekend! haha I meant week! I'm a little hopped up on cold meds right now, canyou tell? LOL Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're enjoying it! Way to stick with it. :) My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the teaser ! it fits the book cover perfectly !
    hmmm... I'm not much of a horror genre reader either, but I'll consider this. Can't wait for the complete review ! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome teaser! Love that Voldemort is mentioned, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a most wonderful teaser. I don't think I have seen this book before but that book art sure stands out.

    I posted a small teaser for Blameless.

    Mad Scientist
    madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cover is very intriguing, it's both beautiful and extraordinarily creepy at the same time. Not being able to see her face is just unnerving:) Great teaser, can't wait to see what you think of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oo wow that is seriously creepy! But I love that one of the characters references Voldemort! haha =)
    Here's my teaser from Nightshade =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, I was sure my sister was possessed when I was a kid. Maybe I was right! Good teaser!

    I've got 2 teasers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohh great pick, I have this on my list but I think I need to move it up now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hhaha i was creeped out till they mentioned Voldemort, i had to smile at that!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen