Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Splintered by A.G. Howard

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.

Splintered by A.G. Howard
For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell -- the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll's famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers ... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before. 
When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on. 
There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.
Splintered is out January 2013 by Amulet Books.

As I've said before, this novel is rather fitting for my blog. I love fairy tale re-tellings but I like that this isn't exactly like it. I think the idea that a new girl must set right what was done wrong is a great twist and I can't wait to experience the Wonderland that Howard has imagined up. Plus. what's not to love about that gorgeous cover? With the question of mental health being thrown into the mix, I'm betting this is going to be one crazy story and I can't wait to see just how wild it is going to get!

What are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. This book sound so great ... thanks for sharing and great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I've never heard anything about this book but it looks awesome :o !!! I love fairy tales re-telling too and this cover is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it definitively sounds like something that'd fit right into this blog. =) I was already totally confused by Alice in Wonderland, so I am so not gonna touch this new book which sounds even more confusing and twisted, but it really sounds like it's just the right kind of mix for you. I hope you won't start hearing strange whispers while waiting feverishly on this to come out January. :P
    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everytime I see Splintered's cover I love it even more!

    Happy Wednesday :)

    Win on Wednesday
    Nominate Your Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so waiting on this too! Love the kinda freaky cover. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this one. I'm definitely interested, but I can't tell if I'll like it or not

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to the two Alice in Wonderland-inspired books that are coming out soon, this one and Alice in Zombieland. They both look incredible! But I'll be honest - this cover does nothing for me. I think it should have felt more like an Alice-retelling of sorts, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just heard about this book last week and I have to say, it sounds really interesting! Great pick! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited about this one. I definitely think that Howard's going to do something dark and creepy and original with the series.

    Yes, the cover is gorgeous. And I like it more every single time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have wanted to read this since before it had a publisher, so I'm super excited!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen