Friday, May 11, 2012

A Fairy Tale in Photos- Little Red Riding Hood

I'm looking for something fun to do on Fridays and I figured that this might be something interesting. As you all can probably tell by the theme of this blog, I really love fairy tales. I've been looking through Deviantart and thought it might be fun to pick a fairy tale and showcase pictures I like from it.

This week is Little Red Riding Hood.

Raccoon-with-a-cigar
silvestru
Ian-Cervantes
Lady-I-Hellsing
FragileEarl
xessencex
iKate
Gilad
urbanhusky
vampireleniore
urbanhusky
Ta-moe
*livingdead01
NicholasHayward
heyew
catzilla
fae-photography
heavens-drive
luffschu
Gingershots
DarkVenusPersephonae
So like with Alice in Wonderland, I feel like Red Riding Hood can go as innocent or as a dark as the mind will imagine. Her innocence is a little bit sexy (there were plenty of naught Reds I could have chosen) and can also be very doll like.

My favorite photo of this batch is the fifth one with the girl in the long cape but I also really like the one with the basket on the ground and the apples tumbling out.

Which do you like?

10 comments:

  1. Amber, I love love LOVE this idea! It makes me want to run out and take photos like this, only I don't have a) the setting b) the models or c) a good camera, so I guess I'll just have to settle for looking at other people's gorgeous artworks.
    I think my favourites are the very first, and the one by Gilad where she's walking through the field of flowers.
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep, as Robert Frost said. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun way of telling a story ... I like it ... thanks for sharing and looking forward to your next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the ones with the long cape. I prefer the 4th one more because I always picture Red with dark hair. The girl in the 5th one looks a bit like Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG all the photos are so pretty and they've been shot so well! I like this idea :)

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I <3 all of the photos with wolves. They're so PRETTY! Well, I think some of them are huskies, but still adorable.

    Note: I do not think that was supposed to be my reaction. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! I love all your pictures!! How fun!! The third one is my favorite where she's peaking from under the red hood. Red is such an amazing color. (As you know, I guess!!)

    I made a post, too, and collected Red Riding Hood pictures:
    http://burgandyice.blogspot.com/2012/05/off-to-forest-with-red-riding-hood.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea. My have two favorites, the one with the long cape in the snow and the second one, where she has the fabric over half of her face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea, thanks for sharing. I like them all but my favorite is the chair with the cape and basket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection. My favorite is the one (no.1 or 2) with the barefooted girl standing on her toes, the first of the woolf (dog?) and the basket and apples on the ground. I also like the one with the red ribbon flying in the forest.

    I don't much fancy the "sexy" ones or the totally impractical long, long capes. Just don't work for me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen