Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Waiting on Wedneaday (9): The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to.

I've known about my choice this week for a long time and am surprised I haven't used it yet. I love love LOVE the cover and the blurb looks delicious!



The Lost Saint by Bree Despain


Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process. When Grace receives a haunting phone call from Jude, she knows what she must do. She must become a Hound of Heaven.
Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot—a newcomer to town who promises her that he can help her be a hero. But as the two grow closer, the wolf grows in Grace, and her relationship with Daniel is put in danger—in more ways than one.
Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her—not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung.


I just finished the first novel about a week ago and fell in love with it. The plot was interesting and fast paced and the characters felt real and were so entraining. Despain is a master at combining really light  and wholesome characters with really dark ones and showing us how shadows are created. I can't wait to see Grace get her hands a little dirty and I love that the roles between her and Daniel are now going to be switched. Wonder what's going to happen...


What book are you waiting for?

14 comments:

  1. I've seen this around a lot today! I'm definitely looking forward to The Lost Saint, too...I'm only sad I won't be in Utah for this launch party. I got to meet Bree at the launch for TDD :) Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added this one to my list a couple of weeks ago! I think the cover on this book is so striking! It looks good! Thanks for coming by! :)
    The Delusional Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is just gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read teh first one! LOL. I'm so bad right now.


    -Stacey @ Flippin' Fabulous - A Reader's Record - WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait until this comes out!! Thanks a for a great WOW :)

    Here's my WOW for this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, i definitely want to read this. she has the best colors on her covers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue in that cover! I also enjoyed the first book, despite not being a huge fan of werewolves generally, and I'm interested to see where Despain takes us as Grace deals with her transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to this one too! Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read the first one! This cover looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pick! I loved The Dark Divine and am so excited for The Lost Saint! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, The Lost Saint... verryyyy nice pick this week! I love the vibrant blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait for this one! great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely agree with this one!! I can't wait for the Lost Saint!!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen