Monday, September 20, 2010

Cover Envy (7)

On my iPod: Impossible by Anberlin

It's that time of week again! I'm showing another couple of covers that make me green with envy and stuck sitting on my hands until the novels they cover come out.


I hope you enjoy!


The Frenzy by Francesca Lia Block- So honestly, what can I say? I'm a sucker for red heads and this trend is super popular right now. I love that this novel has the contrasting reddish orange hair and shockingly light green eyes. I also love that they took that green and put the title into it and the font sort of mimics the hair which is the second focal point of the cover. Then, still playing with color, the pinkish purple eye shadow is around the author's name. This cover is stunning and looks to me like the character is hiding something major with the absence of her mouth. This is really beautiful and I can't wait to see it up close!


Here's the blurb from Goodreads:


Love is a werewolf, influenced by the moon and terror, and always about to change. Liv has a secret. Something happened to her when she was thirteen. Something that changed everything. Liv knows she doesn't belong anymore-not in her own skin, not in her family . . . not anywhere. The only time she truly feels like herself is when she's with her boyfriend, Corey, and in the woods that surround her town. But in the woods, a mysterious woman watches Liv. In the woods, a pack of wild boys lurks. In the woods, Liv learns about the curse that will haunt her forever. The curse that caused the frenzy four years ago. And that may cause it again, all too soon.While Corey and Liv's love binds them together, Liv's dark secret threatens to tear them apart as she struggles to understand who-or what-she really is. And by the light of the full moon, the most dangerous secrets bare their claws. . . 


The Frenzy is out September 28, 2010.


Anxious Hearts by Tucker Shaw- The warm colors in this are delicious and remind me a lot of Halo. The yummy rich golds and burnt oranges are reminiscent of the fall which is always such a sad time of the year for nature. It turns into something beautiful because it's dying so I feel like the fact that the cover shows fall leaves makes me believe this is going to be sad. I love the look on the model's face .I feel like I've just walked up to her and taken her by surprise but she's okay with it. The way her hair is floating makes me think of movement and change. I just found this novel today and it looks absolutely breathtaking.


Here's the blurb from Goodreads:


“Evangeline,” he repeated, calling at a whisper. “Evangeline.” He was not calling that she may hear, he was calling that somehow her soul might know that he was devoted entirely to her, only to her. “Evangeline, I will find you.”

Eva and Gabe explore the golden forest of their seaside Maine town, unknowingly tracing the footsteps of two teens, Evangeline and Gabriel, who once lived in the idyllic wooded village of Acadia more than one hundred years ago. On the day that Evangeline and Gabriel were be wed, their village was attacked and the two were separated. And now in the present, Gabe has mysteriously disappeared from Eva.

A dreamlike, loose retelling of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s famous love poem “Evangeline,” Anxious Hearts tells an epic tale of unrequited love and the hope that true love can be reunited. 



Anxious Hearts is already out. It's publishing date was May 1, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen