Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waiting on Wedneaday (6): Dust City by Robert Paul Weston

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking The Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to.


I just found this book recently and can't wait for it. It's one of those delicious twists on a fairytale and I am drooling all over myself to read it.


Dust City by Robert Paul Weston
Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

His son, that's who.

Ever since his father's arrest for the murder of Little Red Riding Hood, teen wolf Henry Whelp has kept a low profile in a Home for Wayward Wolves . . . until a murder at the Home leads Henry to believe his father may have been framed.

Now, with the help of his kleptomaniac roommate, Jack, and a daring she-wolf named Fiona, Henry will have to venture deep into the heart of Dust City: a rundown, gritty metropolis where fairydust is craved by everyone and controlled by a dangerous mob of Water Nixies and their crime boss leader, Skinner.
Can Henry solve the mystery of his family's sinister past? Or, like his father before him, is he destined for life as a big bad wolf?



I so want to be afraid of the big bad wolf! The cover didn't catch my attention (but it was small and I couldn't see the wolf eyes) as much as the description did. The nice thing about this cover is it's boy friendly. Any way, I'm addicted to fairytale re-tellings so this one is right up my alley. Can't wait!


Dust City comes out Sept. 30, 2010.


What's your WoW pick?

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one either! That cover is haunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound tempting...

    Here's mine:

    http://curlupandread.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/waiting-on-wednesday-sept-8/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to this one too. Love the wolf eyes looking out over the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick - I've heard some good things about this one. I also chose a fairytale retelling this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh it sounds good! Thanks for sharing :D
    Putting on my to-read list asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re-tellings can be so much fun! And who doesn't love a good fairytale? Thanks!
    Smiles!
    The Delusional Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this WOW, ive never heard of it. Im big on the wolves.

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! I haven't heard of Dust City before, but I think I'll have to keep an eye out for it now! sounds interesting and what a cover!
    thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this looks really good!
    I hadn't heard about it. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great WoW! I saw this book (like you said a small picture) and never knew what it was about. I so want to read this! Arrested for murder of Little Red Riding Hood...citizens of Dust City addicted to fairydust? How cool is this book? I hope it's as good as it sounds. It comes out soon. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really good... quite an intriguing plot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really awesome! I hadn't heard of it, but retellings like this are usually fun. I'll definitely have to check it out, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen