Friday, December 17, 2010

FCSS Week 2: Playlist for "Fade" by Lisa McMann


1. In My Place by Coldplay- I feel like this song describes Janie and Cabel's relationship perfectly in this novel. They are both terrified out of their wits to lose one another and terrified to love so much too. It's a tricky combination that they haven't quite figured out yet.


The lyrics are in the song but you have to admit that it fits well. They'll keep waiting for each other to get it right.

2.Untouched by The Veronicas- Another great song that express Janie and Cabel. McMann is excellent as showing us the passion that both these characters have for each other and how very much a simple touch means to both of them. Both stemming from backgrounds that don't have a lot of love in them, they crave the feeling of each other.


3. Slow Burn by Atreyu- This song fits Cabel completely. He's haunted by his past and is having a hard time coping with loving someone. It's even harder for him watching Janie put herself at risk. He's unable to anything to try to stop her and is bottling up all this nervous energy.


4. Kill by Jimmy Eat World- When Cabel breaks up with Janie after The Big Party, this is how Janie feels. She knows him, trusts him, loves him and he still hurt her. Bad. After everything they've been through. And it kills her. And I get that. She's desperate for his touch, for the love they had, for answers. Even though he's hurt her bad, she can't just give up her feelings for him.


Here are the lyrics:
Well, you're just across the street
Looks a mile to my feet
I want to go to you
Funny how I'm nervous still
I've always been the easy kill
I guess I always will

Could it be that everything goes 'round by chance? (chance?)
Or only one way that it was always meant to be (be)
You kill me, you always know the perfect thing to say (hey hey, hey hey)
I know what I should do, but I just can't walk away

I can picture your face well
From the bar in my hotel
I wish I'd go to you
I pick up put down the phone
Like your favorite Heatmeiser song goes
It's just like being alone

Oh God, please don't tell me this has been in vain (vain)
I need answers for what all the waiting I've done means (means)
You kill me, you've got some nerve, but can't face your mistakes (hey hey, hey hey)
I know what I should do, but I just can't turn away

So go on love
Leave while there's still hope for escape
Got to take what you can these days
There's so much ahead
So much regret
I know what you want to say
(Know what you want to say)
I know it but can't help feeling differently
I loved you, and I should have said it
But tell me just what has it ever meant

I can't help it baby, this is who I am (am)
Sorry, but I can't just go turn off how I feel (feel)
You kill me, you build me up, but just to watch me break (hey hey, hey hey)
I know what I should do, but I just can't walk away 



5. Sound of Love by We The Living- The getting back together. The rekindling. The moment they touch after everything they've both felt. This is the song for Janie and Cabel's heart.


2 comments:

  1. Cool song choice,
    I've done one for 'Linger' here
    http://beckysbarmybookblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/fcss-linger-playlist.html

    Still loving this First Come Second Served month, thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post. How does this work? Are these songs that you listened to while you were reading or songs that you think would work well with the type of climax or lull in the book?

    Great songs by the way.

    About my challenge... The lowest tier would be one book for 12 different themes equaling 12 books for the year. With each tier there is a increase but I think it will be a fun challenge. Plus I'm hoping that I can integrate it with fun features throughout the month... Starting off with Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instrument series. (Would you like to do a post for this feature? Let me know.)

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen