Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (57): Girl of Nightmares, Revivied A Witch In Winter and Never Enough

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.


Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
So there is no summary yet but this is Anna Dressed In Blood #2. Does there need to be a summary for you to want this like crazy? I know I don't need one!
Why I need this: I fell head over heels in love with Anna Dressed In Blood. Everything about that novel was just right for me from Cas's voice to the story to the horror elements. I can't wait to find out what happens to Cas and the gang this time around!


Girl of Nightmares comes out 2012 by TorTeen. 








Revived by Cat Patrick

As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life. 
A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency’s true goals, she realizes she’s at the center of something much larger — and more sinister — than she ever imagined.
Why I need this: How good does this premise sound? I love the idea of a phoenix down (for all you gaming nerds) as a government experiment. That cover is really attractive too. I like that she's peering into the unknown.


Revived is out May 8, 2012 from Little, Brown Books.


A Witch In Winter by Ruth Warburton

Anna Winterson doesn't know she's a witch and would probably mock you for believing in magic, but after moving to the small town of Winter with her father, she learns more than she ever wanted to about power. When Anna meets Seth, she is smitten, but when she enchants him to love her, she unwittingly amplifies a deadly conflict between two witch clans and splits her own heart in two. She wants to love Seth, to let him love her – but if it is her magic that's controlling his passion, then she is as monstrous as the witch clan who are trying to use her amazing powers for their own gain. 
Although a perfect fit for the paranormal romance genre, A WITCH IN WINTER avoids fangs, excessive body hair and submissive female leads, and tells the heart-wrenching story of a couple meant to be together, but being forced apart. Seth is utterly irresistible and Anna is an empowered, proactive young woman with unimaginable magic inside her. This is fast-paced, sensuous writing with believable incantations inspired by Warburton's research into witchcraft legend and old English.
Why I need this: It sounds like a sexy, fun read and I love books that explore what it means to be "good" or to not abuse power. Plus, who doesn't love a novel that avoids fangs, fur and wimpy female leads? I'm there!


A Witch In Winter is out March 2012 by Hodder Children's Books.


 Never Enough by Denise Jaden

Loann’s always wanted to be popular and pretty like her sister, Claire. So when Claire’s ex-boyfriend starts flirting with her, Loann is willing to do whatever it takes to feel special…even if that means betraying her sister. 
But as Loann slips inside Claire’s world, she discovers that everything is not as it seems. Claire’s quest for perfection is all-consuming, and comes at a dangerous price. As Claire increasingly withdraws from friends and family, Loann struggles to understand her and make amends. Can she heal their relationship—and her sister—before it’s too late?
Why I need this: This sounds like a really great story and I love books about sisters. I don't have one and have always been fascinated in that connection.


Never Enough is out July 2012 from Simon Pulse. 


What are you waiting on for this week?

9 comments:

  1. Why is it that you always pick amazing books?
    My favourite book out of them looks like Witch in Winter-something a little different yet still my type.
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I want the next Anna so much! Based on the cover, I've come up with my own ideas: Anna's in Hell and she's calling for Cas's help. What do you think? Anyway, your other picks look great too but Anna's dominating my vision right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The YA books out here have the best covers! :)
    I so enjoyed Maria Snyder's Study series too - have re-read them a couple of times, and never fails to entertain!

    I hope you get a chance to read this new series by her - there are 2 books and they are both good.

    Dee from e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. O My Lanta! This is the first time that I've seen the cover for Girl of Nightmares! It's SOO amazing. I love red and I really liked the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! thanks for sharing so many titles! Never Enough is the first time I atually see it =) Adding it to my list =) sounds very good!!

    My WOW
    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I've seen the cover for Never Enough! I enjoyed Denise Jaden's first novel Losing Faith - it'll be interesting to see how the sister relationship in Never Enough differs from the one explored in Losing Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, these DO look good! Yup, I've been holding my breath for Girl of Nightmares to be released and I am now equally as excited for Revived. Excellent premise, indeed!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of a lot of these, but A WITCH IN WINTER sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen