Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Character Interview: Kat from Frost by Wendy Delsol


Today, I've got Kat from Stork and Frost by Wendy Delsol on the blog! We're here to talk a little bit about everything with Kat from her favorite myth as a child to which star she'd like to dress and why! In case you haven't read about Kat's adventures yet, Id suggest doing so. Hopefully meeting her will help make up your minds!

Kat, thanks for coming on the blog today!


Kat Leblanc here. You know, human Stork. My friend Amber over at Down the Rabbit Hole had some fun questions for me. So fun, I just had to share.

1) Kat, in your adventures, you hear a lot of stories. Will you tell us your favorite story/myth as a girl?

As a girl, I couldn’t hear enough or watch enough of Cinderella. The gown, the makeover, the dreamy prince. It’s a little embarrassing now, but I had some serious fan-girl stuff going on. I even crammed my foot into an empty pickle jar to simulate the whole glass-slipper experience. Like trouble, it was easier get in than out. And forget duct tape, it’s Vaseline that has 1001 uses.

2) You grew up around your French grandmother but had a lot of Nordic background there too. What is your favorite French word? Nordic word? Why?

Pamplemousse is French for grapefruit. Isn’t that a great word? And at least it’s distinctive. Our English word makes no sense; the tiny grape has nothing to do with the rock-heavy member of the citrus family.

A Nordic word, hmmm. My grandfather, my afi, once had a wiry-haired old dog named Igull, which he said was Icelandic for porcupine. That dog had a personality as prickly as its namesake, but he was a good guard dog and could howl the Ee-I-Ee-I-Oh of Old MacDonald Had a Farm.

3) What's your idea of a perfect day?

A year ago I’d have said it was shopping on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. But nowadays I’d have to say hanging out with my boyfriend, Jack. He’s the outdoorsy type and likes nothing more than a hike up some hill or through some state park. Given the right weather, this combination of fresh air, pretty scenery, and the buddy system does make for an ideal day.

4) You're designing a gown for your favorite actress. Who is the star, what does the dress look like and why did you choose the color/style you did?

So which under-a-rock dweller out there hasn’t heard that Jennifer Lawrence is going to play Katniss Eberdeen in the Hunger Games movie? When she walks the red carpet and picks up her first Oscar, I’ve got just the dress for her. Red, naturally. I’m thinking off-the-shoulder and hip-hugging with a flared, full-length swisher of a ruched hemline. And how cool would it be for one Kat to dress another!

5) If you could pick any fictional character in the world and get to spend a day in their life, who are you choosing and why?

Hmmm. Good question. I’m thinking Hermione Granger. It’d be fun to live at Hogwarts for a day. I think Harry would be fun to hang with, as would Ron. And I’d have a crack at both Hermione’s hair (I’m packing a flat iron) and robes (I’m bringing belts). Now that I’m on the HP subject, wouldn’t Dumbledore and my Hulda make a cute couple??? (I'm pretty much pretending it's so even though Dumbledore is gay.)

6) What's the last text in your cellphone?

U left the milk out again. (from my mom, of course)

7) I know you hate the whole "capping" thing for the Stork Society. If you could change it to some other magical way to communicate, what would the new message be?

Twitter, naturally. It’s not magical, but at least it’s bird themed. I’d just love to send Fru Grimilla an @ message, something along the lines of: @thepeacock Hey soul sistah, C U 2night 4 another gulls night out. Same time, same place.

Note regarding the little blue bird twitter icon: Has anyone else heard that his name is Larry? Larry? So not a good bird name. Come on Twitterverse, we can come up with something better than Larry. Is Tweety Bird copyrighted? 


Big thanks to Kat and Wendy Delsol for coming on my blog! Here's a brief bio about Frost:

Frost by Wendy Delsol

In this sequel to STORK, Katla Leblanc has to employ her grit, spirit, and special gifts to rescue the boy she loves.




After the drama of finding out that she’s a Stork, a member of an ancient and mystical order of women, and that her boyfriend, Jack, is a descendent of the Winter People able to control the weather, Katla Leblanc is delighted when all signs point to a busy and peaceful Christmas. That is, until the snowstorm Jack summons as a gift to Katla turns into the storm of the century, attracting Brigid, a gorgeous scientist who, in turn, attracts Jack. Between the school play, a bedridden, pregnant mother’s to-do lists, and keeping an eye on her aging grandfather, Katla doesn’t have time to question Brigid’s motives or deal with Jack’s increasingly cold behavior. But Katla’s suspicions mount when Jack joins Brigid on a research expedition to Greenland, and when the two of them go missing, it becomes clear that Katla is the only one who can save her beloved Jack from the Snow Queen who holds him prisoner. Adventure, romance, and myth combine in this winter escapade for teens who like a bit of fire with their ice.
Big thanks to: 

1 comment:

  1. hilarious! I loved loved these books and Wendy Delsol is amazing and this interview is incredible! great questions, great responses.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen