Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (55): Last Rite and Reunited

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.


Last Rite by Lisa Desrochers
What happens when you can't outrun Hell—or trust the ones you love?
Why I need this: I believe that's a fairly obvious answer, especially for those of you who have read Original Sin. It left on a super bad cliffhanger and I can't wait to see where it's going.The cover is seriously gorgeous, pitting Frannie right in the middle of a huge battle. I need this book. Seriously, really, bad.


Last Rite comes out May 2012 to Tor Teen. 


Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham

1 Concert 

2,000 Miles 
3 Ex-Best Friends 
Alice, Summer, and Tiernan are ex-best friends. 
Back in middle school, the three girls were inseparable. They were also the number one fans of the rock band Level3. 
But when the band broke up, so did their friendship. Summer ran with the popular crowd, Tiernan was a rebellious wild-child, and Alice spent high school with her nose buried in books. 
Now, just as the girls are about to graduate, Level3 announces a one-time-only reunion show. 
Even though the concert’s 2000 miles away, Alice buys three tickets on impulse. And as it turns out, Summer and Tiernan have their own reasons for wanting to get out of town. Good thing Alice’s graduation gift (a pea-green 1976 VW camper van know as the Pea Pod) is just the vehicle to get them there. 
But on the long drive cross-country, the girls hit more than a few bumps in the road. Will their friendship get an encore or is the show really over?
Why I need this: This looks like such a fun read. I love stories where people learn to re-connect and I love the generally idea of this one. Can't wait!

Reunited comes out June 2012 to Simon & Schuster. 



What are you waiting on?

9 comments:

  1. Reunited sounds very good, I'll need to keep the release date in mind and get it next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love road-tripping books! Reunited sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read Original Sin yet (just finished the first book recently) but I really like this cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok... Personal Demons is book 1? I think I have to brush it off and crack it open bc you have me thinking I'm missing out big. ;) Seems to happen to even the best of us.


    Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews


    Forbidden Steam  Adult- even the Mad Scientist gets naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the plot for Reunited. I'm not a big fan of the cover but I may end up buying it just to know what happens with the ex-best friends.




    - Mary [Anxirium]

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES to both! Can't wait to read both of those! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I've really wanted to read the Personal Demon's series. Just hasnt worked out. I've heard it's a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THE COVER OF LAST RITE! Even though I haven't read any books in this series I just can't get over this cover *swoons*


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen