Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (58) and Top Ten Tuesday (5)


TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

First Day on Earth by Cecil Castellucci
My life sucks.
So I shave my head.
--Pg. 23 of "First Day on Earth" by Cecil Castellucci

I've just finished this really short novel (maybe even novella) and it really is something else. It reminded me a lot of Wake by Lisa McMann in the way it was written and the similar situations in the novel. Mal isn't really emo but I liked that passage. That's Chapter 10... all of it.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
"You can't touch me," I whisper. I'm lying, is what I don't tell him. He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him. Please touch me, is what I want to tell him.
But things happen when people touch me. Strange things. Bad things.
Dead things.
--Pg. 11 of "Shatter Me" by Tahereh Mafi

So this is a bit more than two sentences but I wanted to share something that made sense and represented how this novel is written. I'm not much farther than this but wow, this one really is as good as everyone is saying. Can't wait to continue with it!

What are your teasers this week?
Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!

Top Ten Halloween Reads
I've given you my picks all month so I'll be brief. All of these are scare-the-pants-off-of-you creepy in different ways. Hope you enjoy! 


1)Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake


2) Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs


3) Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender


4) From Bad To Cursed by Katie Alender


5) Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott


6) Ashfall by Mike Mullin


7) Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday


8) Fury by Elizabeth Miles


9) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


10) The Devouring by Simon Holt


What our your favorite Halloween reads? 

10 comments:

  1. Living Dead Girl is probably the most disturbing book I have read! I am about to start Miss Peregrine today. Here's my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-D1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant that you've put The Hunger Games on your list. Just reread the whole series last week and reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teaser from Shatter Me is really good :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesdays_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of those teasers...and I'm also started Miss Peregrine's...soon!

    My Teaser Tuesdays

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other than the Hunger Games I haven't read any of the books on your list. they sound plenty scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome teasers! Come check out mine!!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I loved Miss Peregrine! It was brilliant. Can't wait to read Shatter Me, it looks so, so good! Thanks for the great teasers, and nice Halloween picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both teasers sound very interesting!
    The first one's cover is gorgeous! *.*
    Thanks for sharing :-)
    Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shatter Me sure looks good.

    Thanks for the great teasers.

    Valerie
    StuckInbooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen