Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (56) and Top Ten Tuesday (3)


TEAser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!

The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton
She recalled the names of the young men in the library. Leo...Prince Leopold? And Prince Arthur? And the older woman...Mother...
Oh, bloody hell. She'd just stolen the queen's ring.
--Pg. 34 of "The Faerie Ring" by Kiki Hamilton

I haven't read too much of this story yet but so far I am really enjoying it. Sometimes the third person POV bothers me but this one hasn't because we get close enough to Tiki to care. Loving the1871 setting too! Very vivid!


What's your teaser?

Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week!
Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time 
1) The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- I remember grabbing these books when I was sixteen and being sucked in. I want to go to school at Hogswart for the first time all over again with Harry and the gang! Man, I love traveling to Hagrid's hut and even to the dungeons for Potions!


2) The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins- This novel made my heart race page after page. There were no rules. Now that I know what happens, it doesn't feel like anything could happen anymore. I'd love to go back to that state of constant fear for every character!


3) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- This book made my head spin! I want to experience every witty remark Noah Shaw, Mara or Jaime uttered again for the first time!


4) Divergent by Veronica Roth- This was another one where the rules were all made up and no one was safe. Heck, Tris's faction was all about no rules. I want to go back to that magical feeling of looking up and feeling like Divergent is my secret unfolding in front of me.


5) From Bad To Cursed by Katie Alender- Wow, the subtly of Alexis changing in this novel is just mind-numbingly good. Now that I know where it's heading, I will catch the clues quicker but I loved that feeling of surprise.


6) If I Stay by Gayle Forman- Oh man, just experiencing each person tell her what they would or wouldn't do touched me so much.


7) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer- This novel devoured me. I was completely enchanted with the world of vampires Meyer created. I wanted ot linger in the lushness of the Seattle woods with all of those characters for as long as possible and relive the rush of first love.


8) Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater- I think for this novel, it was the mere surprise of finding this author that wrote words like chocolate cake. Decadent, rich and melt in your mouth perfect. I wasn't expecting it and the surprise was amazing!


9) Across The Universe by Beth Revis- I didn't know I liked sci-fi until I met this novel. Discovering what went wrong in this ship was a pleasure!


10) Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston- This fairy novel really surprised me. I found Kelley's adventures jammed packed full of fun, treachery and fantastic characters!


What made your list?

6 comments:

  1. The Faerie Ring is definitely on my tbr list. Great teaser. It makes me want to go out and buy the book now. If you have time stop by to see my teaser @ http://www.2readornot2read.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-october-11-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Divergent!

    Here's my Top Ten for this week. Hope you'll stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree with stiefvater's writing. so lyrical and beautiful. this is my favorite line from those books: "there is no better taste than this: someone else's laughter in your mouth."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing the Faeire Ring around. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the teaser.

    Here's mine: http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-10-11-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book Twin!! I'm reading that next week! Love the teaser. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree with every book you posted, at least the ones I've already read, which makes me think that all the other ones are books I need to read ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen