Saturday, January 12, 2013

Divergent Movie Casting and News!

Perhaps some of you might have heard of that book above? Perhaps some of you might have read it? Maybe a few less of you read my review on in it in which I freaked out about how much I loved it and how last year it's sequel was my favorite book and the year before, it was my favorite book. Well, it's coming to the big screen and the casting rumors have just begun.

First thing you need to know is it will start filming in April in Chicago. According to the Examiner.com, it's going to have a $40 million budget.

Second thing you need to know is that Tris has been cast. It's final so that's it. The person they cast is...

Shailene Woodley (The Secret Life of the American Teenager, The Descendants)

This was announced about a month ago and Roth said she was okay with the choice. The reason being is that Roth wanted someone slight of frame, somebody with nothing on their bones because that is where Tris's power comes from. People underestimate her. I was a little worried about this choice but I've decided to watch The Descendants before I pout. I've heard she is really good in that and that is ultimately what I want to see the actress playing Tris as...a really good actress.

Now, the last thing you need to know is they haven't cast Four yet. There were rumored to be four actors reading but it looks like they've narrowed it down to three. Here are the men in the front line to play Four. They all had readings with Woodley:

Lucas Till (X-Men First Class)
He happens to be my favorite of the three purely on looks. I think he's about the right age and would work really well for Four's part. I haven't seen him in a lot so I can't really say if he's a good actor but I think he'd do well. He was in the running for Peeta too and I thought he'd be most excellent in that role as well.

Jeremy Irvine (War Horse, Great Expectations)
He's really not a bad option either. Definitely looks the part and though I haven't seen any of his movies, I haven't heard that he's a poor actor. I'd be happy if he was chosen as well.

Alex Pettyfer (I Am Number Four, Magic Mike)
Pettyfer's been rumored to have read twice for this part so there is a strong chance it could go to him. While he's been in the most movies I've seen and done well in them, I'm just not too crazy on him being cast. Maybe it's because he seems like the obvious choice or maybe because so many people wanted him for Jace from The Mortal Instruments and he was just not interested. If he is cast, I won't be unhappy, I just think he might be a little old for the part.

Do you guys have a favorite for Four? I'm just not really sure but if I had to choose, I think I'd prefer to see it go to either Till or Irvine. Can't wait to hear what you think!

9 comments:

  1. I'm not happy with the casting of Tris either, but I definitely need to see The Descendants before I can be too upset over it. I'm just not a fan of Secret Life. Also, none of the three who have read for Four look anything like what I imagined but going on looks alone I think that Lucas or Jeremy are closer to what I saw in my head.

    With that being said, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this on the big screen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely on your side! the casting for four is not right they need someone with a wider shoulders and darker hair. Shaylene. widely wouldn't be my first choice but in the end I think she'll be a good tris! I hope the movie is as good as the book!! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not going to lie: I do not want to watch this movie. Just no. The book is so perfect and magical for me, and I've loved to absolute pieces for such a long time. It holds the place as my favorite book of the year, and I don't want to mess up my imagination of everything by watching the movie. I'm not fond of any of the 3 guys playing Four, and don't like the girl playing Tris. I just want this book to stay in my imagination.

    Thanks for sharing, though, Amber! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex Pettyfer is such a bad actor that I would be really consider not watching it if he were cast. That seems a bit harsh, but after the TMI hoopla and all the demands he was making I am just not a huge fan. Either of the other two I would be fine with. Shailene Woodley is a good actress. She did really well in The Decedents. I am not complaining that she was cast. It's a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little disappointed on Shailene getting cast but that's only because I imagined Tris as smaller both in size and frame. Shailene on the other hand has a small frame but is much taller than I imagined Tris to be. However, she's a fantastic actress and that's what really matters most.

    For the guys I honestly don't prefer any one over another. I'm a fan of Alex Pettyfer, and I feel like he has the right vibe to carry this role, but I think I like Jeremy Irvine's look for the role better, and then I like Lucas Till because he was surprisingly good in X-Men First Class and I could really see him as Four. Overall I just hope they cast a good actor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very scared that the movie won't live up to the book's greatness. This book is one of the best books I've ever read and I cherish it greatly. I think Shailene was a good choice for Tris and I hope she plays the part well. For Four, I was hoping for Jeremy Irvine. He was brillant in War House and I love his look for Four. Four is one of my favorite loves so hopefully they will do him justice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just before I read Divergent I had watched Beastly and I immediately thought of Alex Pettyfer as Four and the imagery stuck. And I have to say that this is unusual for me, I don't normally find myself matching fictional characters up with actors but in this case I think that Alex Pettyfer would be perfect as Four.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At hte beggining I thought Shailene Woodley wouldn´t be good for Tris, but now I think she would be good, I saw a photo of her like if she was Tris and I now think she would be very good. For Four, I think Lucas Till or Jeremy Irvine. They will both be really good, but I really hate Alex Pettyfer for that part. Maybe for another one in the film but really not for Four. For me, he´s just too old, doesn´t have the correct looks and although I think he´s a good actor, I will prefer another one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definetly disappointed in Shailene. I just saw someone completely different. But as far as Four goes I dont see any of those guys! When I read the books I immediately saw Alex Pettyfer as Eric (based on beastly) I just saw someone shorter and stocky kinda guy? Dark Hair and more rugged? But that's just me! I definetly see Kate Winslet as Janine though!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen